Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello I heard comapche was added to uber kernel how do I enable it?
    You have to download the new versions of both govnah and uber kernel from the testing feeds
  3.    #3  
    Nvm found it but I get error is mod can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-Joplin......
    were you previously overclocked? did you remove previous kernal?
  5.    #5  
    I have both the latest version of uber kernel and govnah from the testing feed
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    Nvm found it but I get error is mod can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-Joplin......
    We cant help you if you dont post the exact error along with version numbers from package installed of govnah and UberKernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same error. Here are the details:

I just finished removing and reinstalling Govnah and Uber Kernel. After reboot I open up Govnah and enable the screen state governor to 500 min, 800 max, set compcache enabled to true and left it at 16 MB. When I hit apply Govnah reports "insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko': No such file or directory"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    You have to download the new versions of both govnah and uber kernel from the testing feeds
    Thanks for the thread, I didn't know the new updates had this. I have enabled compcache. Question: what "compcache memlimit" setting is best for a sprint Pre?
    Will the the latest version come down if I hit Preware and search Uber, or do I have to go to the testing link?

Also, I just replaced my Pre (lucky number 10!) and loaded Unipsycho's F102. I know you all corroborate together, so I know this is a collective questions, but, should I keep driving F102 or switch to Uber with Govnah?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Will the the latest version come down if I hit Preware and search Uber, or do I have to go to the testing link?

Also, I just replaced my Pre (lucky number 10!) and loaded Unipsycho's F102. I know you all corroborate together, so I know this is a collective questions, but, should I keep driving F102 or switch to Uber with Govnah?

Thanks!
    Great question! I am running UK with Govnah and would like to know if I should move to the F102. Why or why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post

Thanks!
    That is a question that only you can answer. Only you know your usage patterns and requirements.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is a question that only you can answer. Only you know your usage patterns and requirements.

-- Rod
    Perhaps you could point me in the right direction. I do a lot of simple texting, calling, sending/receiving email, scheduling, and compulsive checking of this user group. I also shoot a few photos of the kids every couple of days or so. I seldom have more than 3 cards open at any given time, usually because I am checking my email for a scheduling request, entering something into my calendar, and keying in a new contact.

My main purpose for overclocking, is to allow fast opening of apps, particularly the browser and camera, and to improve battery performance.

Today I was reloading and reconfiguring a replacement device, so I downloaded a bunch of apps, and patches, and moving a bunch of stuff to different pages (I find this burns power), and had killed about 25% of my power before I left the house around 10am. By around 4:30pm, I had killed by battery.

So, assuming I'm mostly texting, sending/receiving emails, and taking the occasional pic or video, will F102 give me what I am looking for in terms of speed and battery life (i.e., a good 12-16 hours without the need to charge at all)? I do plug in periodically, but I prefer the safety of knowing I can depend upon one battery even if I have a backup.

Thanks Rod. Hope this isn't too long a story.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  13.    #13  
    I get this insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko': No such file or directory. I'm running govnah 0.4.5 and uk 1.4.1-21
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    I get this insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko': No such file or directory. I'm running govnah 0.4.5 and uk 1.4.1-21
    You're running an alpha version of Govnah without understanding what you're alpha testing.

Please read the Govnah thread for details of what you need to do.

Please read http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506 for your responsibilities as an alpha tester.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm sorry if this information is correct, but I believe the problems you all are getting when you try to enable compache is because you have uberkernel installed, not the compache kernel (either F102 or F104). You must uninstall uberkernel and then install one of the compache kernels and then when you reboot and open govnah you'll see compache is automatically enabled and the memlimit is set for you. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    I'm sorry if this information is correct, but I believe the problems you all are getting when you try to enable compache is because you have uberkernel installed, not the compache kernel (either F102 or F104). You must uninstall uberkernel and then install one of the compache kernels and then when you reboot and open govnah you'll see compache is automatically enabled and the memlimit is set for you. Hope this helps.
    No, the only kernel they need is the Uberkernel on the kernel testing feed. There's a testing feed for apps and a testing feed for kernels. the latest Uberkernel version on the kernel testing feed ends in .37.
    Yes but the error they are receiving is because they are trying to enable the compache section of govnah, but you need one of the compache kernels in order to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    Yes but the error they are receiving is because they are trying to enable the compache section of govnah, but you need one of the compache kernels in order to do that.
    The alpha version of Uber has the compcache module enabled, so it should work.
    Gotcha. Like I said in my first post, sorry if this is incorrect. :-)
    What happened to the thread that was here 4 hrs ago that said Uber Kernel with the Compache addition was ready for public release? I'm sick as he** right now but I swear I saw a thread about upgrading Uberkernel...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast