Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    What happened to the thread that was here 4 hrs ago that said Uber Kernel with the Compache addition was ready for public release? I'm sick as he** right now but I swear I saw a thread about upgrading Uberkernel...
    There is no public release of UberKernel with compcache. Alpha testing only.

If you're alpha testing UberKernel or Govnah, make sure you are prepared to exercise fully your responsibilities as an alpha tester, as detailed in http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2511506

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/16/2010 at 10:11 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #22  
    Hello rod I am willing to do all that except I cannot do Linux coding would you mind if I continue to alpha test?
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    Hello rod I am willing to do all that except I cannot do Linux coding would you mind if I continue to alpha test?
    I've updated that post to make it clearer on that point.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can someone please explain more about compcache memlimit? Thanks.
    sounds scary! Lol but scary is sometimes awesome!
    So I suppose when this is ready to public it will be in Preware?
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    So I suppose when this is ready to public it will be in Preware?
    Yes, as the changes they decide to make are determined to be stable and suitable for "public" release the updated Govnah and UberKernel will be released in Preware.

Of course there will likely still be new varieties being tested in the testing feeds... it is an ongoing process.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yes, as the changes they decide to make are determined to be stable and suitable for "public" release the updated Govnah and UberKernel will be released in Preware.

Of course there will likely still be new varieties being tested in the testing feeds... it is an ongoing process.
    OK... Thanks. Do you think it will show up as updates?
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    OK... Thanks. Do you think it will show up as updates?
    Yes, if you already have the current versions installed, they will show up as updates when released.
  10.    #30  
    Thanks Rod I am willing
  11.    #31  
    Is there a separate testing feed for kernels
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    Is there a separate testing feed for kernels
    omg.. You are like the 1 millionth person to ask..LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Can someone please explain more about compcache memlimit? Thanks.
    It is how much RAM the driver can use to compress swap before using the backing store.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12