Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    How exactly am I supposed to use it with my Pre?
    have you setup the options in google voice yet? I have added the google voice page to my launcher and just use that to dial out
    once you have your google voice set up, you can just log into gvoice app with your google creds and you'll be good to go
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Thank you both. I shall give this a shot. Was just wondering if there was a special app i needed.
    there used to be the best google voice app gdial pro but google kept changing things so the dev stopped working on it. I emailed him the other day to see if things have changed no response yet. If you add the google voice page to your launcher it will give you easy access.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    there used to be the best google voice app gdial pro but google kept changing things so the dev stopped working on it. I emailed him the other day to see if things have changed no response yet. If you add the google voice page to your launcher it will give you easy access.
    Ah, OK. So that's what happened to it.

So, which one of these options do I want? If I choose the first one can I later get the Google number if I decide I want it?

You can either use Google Voice with your existing mobile phone number and get:

* Voicemail like email, with automatic transcriptions sent via email and SMS
    * Low cost international calls to the entire world
    * Custom voicemail greetings based on who is calling

OR choose a new Google phone number to get these additional features:

* One phone number that rings all your phones
    * The ability to send and receive SMS messages via email
    * Spam filter to block unwanted callers
    I personally selected a different number that way that number could be given out to people I don't want to have my real number ie parent's etc.. I love the functionality of it.
    Get a Google number.. that's half the point.. BTW, keep in mind it uses your anytime minutes no matter what number you use.
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    It uses anytime minutes for some people...
    If you have been with Sprint long enough you can ask nicely for free numbers. I had the old nextel plans with free incoming and had to switch over to a new plan so my idle threat was I will leave so they gave me five free numbers to call. Google voice is one of those and I have my display set to show google number. They also have a feature where you can add one business/home number to call for free.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Yes I use Google voice with my free 3 any number any time and now I have free anytime minutes through sprint, you have to get it through customer retention. I use the google dialer from preware. Make sure to set google to show the google voice number when dialing out and incoming under settings.
    what google dialer are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    It uses anytime minutes for some people...
    What do do mean some people?
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    so now that i have a google voice number . how long before i can give invites out . or how do i do that
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you will see the option I don't know the rhyme or reason behind how they determine but on the left hand side you will see the number of invites you have left.
    well I have like 50 gmail invites but no voice invites.
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    They also have a feature where you can add one business/home number to call for free.
    I thought they had this, too, but when I called them a few weeks ago they played dumb and I wasn't able to do it.

they gave me five free numbers to call. Google voice is one of those and I have my display set to show google number.
    So it's really all the calling out and checking Google Voice that sucks up minutes, is that part of what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by pmjj View Post
    Yes I use Google voice with my free 3 any number any time and now I have free anytime minutes through sprint, you have to get it through customer retention. I use the google dialer from preware. Make sure to set google to show the google voice number when dialing out and incoming under settings.
    How did you get free anytime minutes?
    customer retentions is the department you news to talk with to get the free numbers added add google as your number and you have free anytime minutes
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Mamuton,
    I use P2GoogleVoice from Preware, it will set up to automatically input all your codes to use Goole voice. You can even use your palm contacts to dial from. Yes you need to go through customer retention to get 3 numbers any network unlimited, and use your Google voice number as one of the 3 choices.
    I have the 3 free & wanted to upgrade to the 5 free a few months ago but retentions said it was no longer available-neither the 3 or 5 free. If anyone calls & gets it, please post about it. I would really love to get the 5 free deal.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast