Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone...

I'm planning on getting a google voice number and forward it to my palm pre. Currently I don't have a GV app. I need the GV number to open an appartment community gate: Someone would press my code on the keypad at the gate, the gate calls my GV number, GV forwards the call to my palm pre, then I would press a number to open the gate.

Is this feasible? If so, do I need a GV app to make it work? I'm wondering if the gate software system would register the number I press on my cell phone to grant access to open the gate.

Thanks...
    Keen
    Sounds feasible to me, all depends on how the gate it set up to dial though I would think.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I did some research and read people were having issues dialing pin numbers for conference calls. But that's for outgoing calls. I'm wondering if I will have the same issue.

I guess I just need to try it and see what happens.
    No issues for incoming calls and this will work just fine. For outgoing calls, IF you call your GV number first and choose option 2 to dial a number, using two #s or two *s (I don't remember which) in your pin/key sequence after being connected to the destination is how you get back to the GV main menu without disconnecting the call. GV thinks your trying to end the call w/o hanging up. If you need to dial more than one # or *, then use the webapp to have GV call you first rather than you dialing your GV voice number directly.