1.    #1  
    I know Preware has some AUPT technology, but how do you get it to redownload all your patches again?
    Save/restore to restore your saved package list and then install all.
    AUPT is there so that the patches revert to stock on a update.
    If you install Preware, you can go to the "Saved Packages" list at the bottom of the main screen. There should be a button that says "Install All".
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    if you had the backup / restore app, it's easy.

if not, you need to add them back as you did before
  5.    #5  
    The Saved packages only have 2 apps...
  6.    #6  
    I guess i'll just have to reinstall them back myself.
    If you didn't have/use the Save/Restore app before you doctored, it's too late and you will have to load them manually. If you had used that, you would have had a restore file saved on the usb portion and could have re-installed all patches easily.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    If you didn't have/use the Save/Restore app before you doctored, it's too late and you will have to load them manually. If you had used that, you would have had a restore file saved on the usb portion and could have re-installed all patches easily.
    i did have save/restore before. Its just not giving me an option restore all my patches. Its only giving me for files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    i did have save/restore before. Its just not giving me an option restore all my patches. Its only giving me for files.
    It sounds like you are just using/opening Preware. There is an app called Save/Restore. I see "Saved Packages" and it is at the bottom of the Preware app.
    And also in Save/Restore, you have to perform a Save. That puts the data into a file on your usb portion. If you delete the stuff on your usb portion, you have to restore that data from a computer backup of your usb data.
    Save/Restore is different than what I am referring to. Preware has the ability to note all packages installed. Its at the bottom of the main page in Preware, called "Saved Packages". Yes, you may have had to save before you erased. But this function performs separate of Save/Restore. And I may not fully understand it, but Save/Restore is for data within those apps, not the apps themselves.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Save/Restore is different than what I am referring to. Preware has the ability to note all packages installed. Its at the bottom of the main page in Preware, called "Saved Packages". Yes, you may have had to save before you erased. But this function performs separate of Save/Restore. And I may not fully understand it, but Save/Restore is for data within those apps, not the apps themselves.
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. And yeah, I guess you have to hit the update button to save your patches. Not sure if that saves it to the usb portion, where it would be safe from a dr though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. And yeah, I guess you have to hit the update button to save your patches. Not sure if that saves it to the usb portion, where it would be safe from a dr though.
    It does save it to the USB. I just doctored my Pre two days ago.

Here is what I am talking about (pics are attached of Preware and Save Restore)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    It does save it to the USB. I just doctored my Pre two days ago.

Here is what I am talking about (pics are attached of Preware and Save Restore)
    which version of preware do you use, I think i have the current one installed and I don't get these options. It only shows my apps installed, not patches and it won't let me save the only option is to "Install All"
  15.    #15  
    Ok, so basically, i have to restore all the info and then go to preware and reinstall all my saved packages?...Im currently running webos repair utility because i couldnt uninstall Virtual keyboard.