Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey guys i just downloaded a movie from rapidshare and i can't play it. Does anybody know where the movie is stored so i can email it to myself and play it?
    did you convert it to any format ? Mp4
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    did you convert it to any format ? Mp4
    no i didn't i dont know where its stored.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    pc or pre?
    you can't dl movies from a site on to your phone they are in diff format and your phone can't play them..
  6.    #6  
    pre yea but i mean it just downloaded an 18mb movie it has to store it on the pre somwhere?
    try pics ..
    you looked in vids too rite
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    try pics ..
    nothing in pics or videos.
    pre yea but i mean it just downloaded an 18mb movie it has to store it on the pre somwhere?
    Checked the download folder?
    You should find it under: /media/internal/downloads.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Checked the download folder?
    where is the download folder?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    You should find it under: /media/internal/downloads.
    i dont have access to my pre through my computer. Is there a way to attach the file to an email and email it out, doing all of this from the pre?
    i dont have access to my pre through my computer. Is there a way to attach the file to an email and email it out, doing all of this from the pre?
    Have you got the app Internalz from preware? If so use that to look in your download folder.
    Have you got the app Internalz from preware? If so use that to look in your download folder.
    ^^^ This!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    ^^^ This!
    yes i do if i find it how can i attach it to an email and send it out? which folder should i move it to that i can make it attachable?
    yes i do if i find it how can i attach it to an email and send it out? which folder should i move it to that i can make it attachable?
    If you find it in downloads, move it videos but checked that it is .mp4, if it isn't what file type is it?
    It should be attachable if its in the video folder.

You might have to make a folder called video, the most important part is the file type.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    gselsidi: most videos you might download are not going to be in the proper format. I suggest you google "handbrake" software to convert most types of video into an iPhone/iPod Touch video, which is exactly the same as what the Pre needs.

Other than that, assuming you wish to transfer the video file to your Pre via USB, simply go into USB mode, and copy to F:\DCIM\100PALM (where F: in my case is the drive assigned to the Pre's mounted USB drive). As long as the video files are compatible with the Pre (m4v or mp4 video files work) the video list will see these files.

Also, wouldn't it be way easier if you just emailed yourself the rapidshare link for the file?
  19.    #19  
    If you find it in downloads, move it videos but checked that it is .mp4, if it isn't what file type is it?
    It should be attachable if its in the video folder.

You might have to make a folder called video, the most important part is the file type.
    its a .mov movie will palm be able to show it in the videos folder if i make one? or is there an app i can download to convert it to mp4?

I cant use rapidshare im at work it wont work for some reason lol
    you got to convert it on your cp ..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast