Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I recently had my launch day Palm Pre repaired by Palm. The fixed phone has a new issue with the usb door. I can either send in the same phone to be repaired or they can give me a new refurb under their exchange program at no extra charge.

Now that Palm has a full year under it's belt, have they gotten any better in build quality with their newer Pre refurbs? Or am I still rolling the dice by asking them for a new refurb?

For those who have had their Pre's replaced directly by Palm (not by Sprint or Asurion) recently, what are your experiences?
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat. I'm having some major oreo issues and a few dead pixels. How did you get them to offer you one for no charge? When I did the online chat, he mentioned the advanced exchange would be $29.

Also, one more question if anybody knows. I've removed the screws on my pre to try and tighten the pre up due to my oreo and spacing issue. Will this void the warranty since that one screw has Palm on it? Thanks
    warrenty voided...sorry
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzeto View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm having some major oreo issues and a few dead pixels. How did you get them to offer you one for no charge? When I did the online chat, he mentioned the advanced exchange would be $29.
    I sent in my launch day Pre because of the usb door screen crack issue. I explained to them that the Sprint store was unhelpful and borderline hostile.

While I was annoyed that I had to pay for shipping, they did ship back the fixed phone overnight. I guess they are trying to make up to me for the problems of the original and "fixed" phone.

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzeto View Post

Also, one more question if anybody knows. I've removed the screws on my pre to try and tighten the pre up due to my oreo and spacing issue. Will this void the warranty since that one screw has Palm on it? Thanks
    My last pre i took apart to tighten it up and bend the slider bracket back to normal sprint never even noticed the plam logo gone off the screw and yes as per warranty agreement you did voided your warranty but ONLY if they notice lol most sprint reps for in-store repair will not even look for this ...
    I have a refurb, and it is absolutely perfect. Tight, no sign of any use. I'd tell them to send you another phone. Will they cross-ship to you? That way you could see it first.
    I called Sprint on Saturday morning to get a replacement because my keyboard is bad and I'm getting the oreo effect too. So on Monday I received a piece of junk Pre. I mean it was even worst than the one I have. So I called them and asked them for another one that is actually good. I have insurance on my Pre and pay like $7 a month, so I didn't have to pay anything for the replacements.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I have a refurb, and it is absolutely perfect. Tight, no sign of any use. I'd tell them to send you another phone. Will they cross-ship to you? That way you could see it first.
    Yes, when you opt for advanced replacement, they ship you the new refurb first. Then you use the reuse packaging to ship back your old phone.

And thanks for the feedback. I hope they send me a newer refurb since I opted for advanced replacement.