1.    #1  
    Please watch the video showing the issue I have with my Pre. Fast forward to 1:18.

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/16/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    any patches, or modifications going on? what carrier? any other usefull info? like when did it start happening?

here is a fixed link
    thats a pretty funky screen you have there, I would recommend plugging it into your computer, backing up needed files, and pictures from the USB

if you have other entered into homebrew, then removing patches/kernals you might have and then run Jason's webOS repair utility, http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html. I say remove patches/kernals only as it removes variables and who knows if somewhere you had a bad install or something.

If you haven't used homebrew, you may want to use the webOS doctor, assuming it persists.

let us know how you are making out.

also, others may have some useful ideas, or corrections for me, so you may want to wait a little and let others chime in.

for everyone else, fast forward to after the boot to see the phantom taps
    Last edited by windzilla; 06/16/2010 at 11:19 AM.
    There are four lights.
    Its a broken link. Do I win a prize now?

nevermind, I fixed it.
    <<Thread Renamed and OP heavily edited>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    WOW
    either the screen is bad or there is a lot of static doing weird things. what kind of surface is the phone on during the video shoot? does the same thing happen when you are holding it in your hand?
    I noticed my Pre Plus did something like that when I put it on a third party charger I had. The charger worked just fine on my old BB Storm, but for some reason it didn't like my Pre.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I noticed my Pre Plus did something like that when I put it on a third party charger I had. The charger worked just fine on my old BB Storm, but for some reason it didn't like my Pre.
    yes !!!
    Yes as in solved??
    Same thing happened to me. All I did was a battery pull, let it sit for a min or so and powered back on. Fixed.
  10.    #10  
    my wife's 1st pre did the same same thing but her screen was damaged. it had a scratch on it. we had to get a new one.
  12.    #12  
    I have the exact same issue going on. In my situation it happens every morning when I remove the phone from the touchstone. It may act crazy and be semi responsive to non responsive for an hour or so and then it will work ok.

I did find that I when I could not stop the phone, I would remove the back in order to remove the battery and the problem went away.

I only see the problem on the touchstone, never an issue doing a usb charge. This morning it was a good Pre, but for a week previous it was a bad Pre.
    Similar problem here. I'm using the F104 kerel but have see it without the kernel and also with the Uber kernel. Every time it happens, the bottom left quadrant of the screen becomes totally nonresponsive while the rest of the screen starts showing "blink spots" like when you apply finger pressure. Apps start opening in rapid fashion in response to these phantom screen presses. I can fix it by restarting the phone. I have not been able to tie it to any single thing I do and I haven't loaded any new patches recently.

Dave