Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    For the longest time my battery life has been pretty good and would last basically all day. Suddenly this week it is draining at a 10% or more rate and only last for a few hours. I have not added any new programs but have updated the ones that needed.
    How do I know if the battery is bad or if I have something else going on with patches and such?
    is it a sprint pre?

if yes, sprint has been messing with the towers this week..

even seen drainage on one of our treo 755s...
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Yep, Sprint in Minneapolis.
    I've had this haoppen to me. I never figured out why it happens, but the solution has been to power down and remove the battery for a couple of minutes. After the restart battery usage has always returned to normal.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    So last week the battery drain seemed better so I thought I was clear and now again it is sucking 10% plus while just sitting there. GPS and WiFi are off. Anyone else having sporatic drainage issues?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    If you downloaded a new app you may want to check the settings. Some apps are set to "poll" in the background (like Sports Live, World Cup Manager, etc).

Also sometimes I forget to turn off GPS after I'm done using it. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCIArr View Post
    If you downloaded a new app you may want to check the settings. Some apps are set to "poll" in the background (like Sports Live, World Cup Manager, etc).

Also sometimes I forget to turn off GPS after I'm done using it. Good luck.
    I am curious what you mean "turn off GPS after I'm done using it". My understanding was that if I run an app like Google Maps that uses the circuitry it is enabled when the app runs then disabled when the app closes.

Can somebody who knows about this please comment.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It's a little misleading. If you enable the GPS radio in the Location Services menu, the GPS radio will continue to function until you turn it off. The toggle switch allows apps to access to the GPS info the phone's GPS radio is pulling in (correct me if I'm wrong).

Hope this makes sense and that I read your question correctly.