1.    #1  
    I am heading to Europe for a few weeks and am taking my Pre with me. I do not want to return to exorbitant roaming charges. I figure I will turn the cell radio off and only use wifi when avaialble.

Is there a way to turn the cell radio off that will stay off? Airplane mode will go to ON when the phone reset/reboots.

Anyway to turn the radio off so that it will not acidentally turn back on?

Thanks, Mike
    I think you just have to turn airplane mode on every time you reboot, which hopefully doesn't need to be that often. If you're resetting regularly, try changing your frequency to once a week.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    there is a device menu patch that turns off phone radio not sure if it stocks after reboot
    In phone app, do a ##OFF# (aka ##633#). This will turn the radio off and stick after a reboot. To turn the radio back on, turn airplane mode on, then off.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msilverton View Post
    Is there a way to turn the cell radio off that will stay off? Airplane mode will go to ON when the phone reset/reboots.
    Interesting - mine will stay off if I reboot. I do this frequently when traveling - shut the phone down in airplane mode, and when I restart it above 10k feet, it comes up in airplane mode.
    Get the homebrew tool Quick System Tasks - it has On/Off switches for Phone Radio, Wifi, GPS, etc... It's great.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...k-system-tasks
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Interesting - mine will stay off if I reboot. I do this frequently when traveling - shut the phone down in airplane mode, and when I restart it above 10k feet, it comes up in airplane mode.
    Just tested this on my Pre 1.4.1.1 and experienced the same result, Airplane Mode stayed on.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8.    #8  
    ...and the you fire up WIFI so that you have connectivity without the cell connection (read: no roaming carges)?

Thanks, Mike