Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ok, Allowed my pre to restart itself overnight... Just finished Doctoring my Pre, all went smooth. Haven't reinstalled anything, just installed UberKernel and the phone is restarting... The "Button" is glowing continuously... Sitting here staring at the word palm, and it starts to flash as if it were actually starting... patiently waiting for my default background to show up... The "button" goes dim as the Palm continues to slowly flash... 4 minutes later, and it's still "Slowly Flashing" and viola... We are back up and running. Now to reinstall everything, and hope I can remember all my patches that I couldn't live without...
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Having a similar problem as OP. My chain of events, changed from UK to F102 several days ago, uninstalled F102 yesterday and installed the updated UK. Was going fine, then I decided to add a theme since I had not had one for a while. After trying several and uninstalling them each time with no problem I installed Suave and on the reboot in went into reboot cycle....this was about two hours after the kernel change. That is the chain of events, no idea or assumption as to what caused it.

My big problem is I have done the Volume Up thing to get the phone to show the USB mode and have restarted Vista. The webOS Doctor I last used doesn't want to work, just tells me unable to recover device, visit Palm Support with a link to a web page that suggests using the correct USB wire, having a charge on the phone, redownloading Doctor. None of that has worked. Not a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Which kernel did you update?
    Thunderchief?
    Preware told me there was an update to my Uberkernal. After I said OK to restart luna after Preware finish updated the kernal, endless reboot for about 30 minutes.

I doctored my phone successfully after trying several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Preware told me there was an update to my Uberkernal. After I said OK to restart luna after Preware finish updated the kernal, endless reboot for about 30 minutes.

I doctored my phone successfully after trying several times.
    Did you ever have any overclocking kernel or overclocking patch that did not come from a webos-internals feed in Preware (e.g. anything other than F102A, F104A, F105, Uber, SBromwich or Warthog)?

The endless reboot is a known outcome for people who don't heed the advice of using the webOS Doctor when moving from improperly packaged kernels or patches from other people to OTA-safe kernels (like F102A, F104A, F105, Uber, SBromwich, Warthog) from WebOS Internals kernel developers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I had the Uberkernel and that was the only Kernel I have ever tried.
    Preware said there was an update for Uberkernel so I updated it as it recommended.

Everything seems fine now though.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    thought I would post my info in case it helps with alpha testing. Installed the f105 kernel last night through preware. Worked beautifully all night and this morning. Then I installed the patch to relocate the emergency call button on the lock screen. when preware prompted me to restart I ended up with the loop. I was at work so I couldnt do anything about it. The phone died twice while in the loop, giving me the battery with the ? in it when I plugged it in. the loop started about 10 hours ago. just got home so I am going to Dr it now. I believe my crash is strictly because I installed a lock screen patch when the theme I had already had a lock screen patch built into it, but since I just installed hte F105 I thought I would post up jsut in case the info is useful. Thanks guys.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    btw, does anyone know if I will get my text messages after doctoring? not the ones that were on the phone obviously, but any that may have come in while my phone was in the reset loop?
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    I had the Uberkernel and that was the only Kernel I have ever tried.
    Preware said there was an update for Uberkernel so I updated it as it recommended.

Everything seems fine now though.
    OK, thanks for the report. It goes into the "cannot explain why it happens, and cannot replicate it" bucket for the moment.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  9.    #49  
    Im reluctant to update thundercheif lol
    Im reluctant to update thundercheif lol
    That's good. People should not be running experimental kernels unless they are truly prepared to webOS Doctor their device at a moment's notice without any regrets or complaints.

-- Rod
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That's good. People should not be running experimental kernels unless they are truly prepared to webOS Doctor their device at a moment's notice without any regrets or complaints.

-- Rod
    Yeah, uber kernel made me doctor pretty much every day!
    Yeah, uber kernel made me doctor pretty much every day!
    Your experience seems to be an isolated one, so feel free not to use any of the custom kernels if you have that attitude ...

-- Rod
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your experience seems to be an isolated one, so feel free not to use any of the custom kernels if you have that attitude ...

-- Rod
    No, not exactly what i mean. I stupidly installed both uber kernel and f102 together, hence it kept restarting.
    No, not exactly what i mean. I stupidly installed both uber kernel and f102 together, hence it kept restarting.
    Ah, that would do it. I misread the context of your statement.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123