1. one
    I have filled up for each of my contacts the birthday field directly on the palm (my main profile is google but the birthdays are not synced i.e. they are local), as the "real birthday" say 16/6/

The problem is that I get no warning/notice/reminder at all for the birthdays!

How do I get a reminder?
    As I understand, you won't get them. But I'm quite interested in this issue too, since now I have to manually create birthdays reminders in google calendar to be always up to date)
  4. one
    I see .... anyway am I wrong when I say that the patches must be de-installed before an OS update? It's quite a pain .... not?
    i have the birthday patch, but, though the birthdays appear on my calendar, i still don't get reminders. i have to click inside the particular day to see if there's a birthday or not... am i missing somethng?
    Treo 700p - Centro - Treo 800w - Treo Pro - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    The reminders should come and day earlier as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I see .... anyway am I wrong when I say that the patches must be de-installed before an OS update? It's quite a pain .... not?
    Patches do not need to be uninstalled before an OS update anymore since the creation of AUPT: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html

However, any overclocking patches do need to be uninstalled prior to an OS update.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/16/2010 at 07:17 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    short of creating an event for birthdays, the patch is probably the next best thing. I have the Google bday calendars sync to my Pre but alas, no reminders work with it. I've created yearly all day events for my most important bdays (bestfriend/girfriend, family members).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Am I right that there's no way I can make my pre sync birthdays with my Google Contacts?

Even though I can create birthday events with the special patch, I still have to type them in manually for all my contacts, if I got it right.