1.    #1  
    OK, OK, I've been in the IT industry long enough to know that 95% of these kinds of issues are "PEBCAK"-related (problem exists between chair and keyboard), BUT:

Shortly after getting my palm in Jan, 2010, I installed several patches - 1 of them being "Bypass PIN". I mention that purely for completeness of my situation - I don't hink Bypass PIN necessarily caused this...

Everything has been just fine for almost 5 months.
    Suddenly today, I take my phone out of my pocket, hit the Power button, and it comes up.. no PIN (as desired)... and no LOCK (you know, when you have to up-gesture the lock symbol from the bottom of the screen)... and THAT is a problem... I had several calls on my call log that I had no knowledge of making, etc, etc, etc. (and I like to think I'm too young for some of "those" moments... I even have all my teeth still!

Any idea what gives?

russ
    Run Webos Repair Utility with override option. It will get rid of the patches and you can just reinstall from save/restore.
    A simple reboot usually fixes this issue.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    A simple reboot usually fixes this issue.
    Yeah, if a reboot doesnt fix it, then try what i said.