1.    #1  
    Got it today. like everyone who's received a refurb, i was nervous that i would get a crappy one. absolutely no oreo effect! perfect slider mechanism(for now)even the keyboard feels nicer than my original pre. then i noticed that 1/3 of the keyboard backlight keys are not as bright as the rest. this is really bugging me!!! would sprint even consider replacing this one because of this problem? i really think i can get used to it but really i shouldnt have to!. just dont wanna go 2 days without a phone again. cant do it. i felt naked those 2 days. any thoughts or anyone have a similar issue? thanks!
    There's a patch to adjust the brightness of the keyboard. I would check that out first and maybe adjust the brightness to a suitable level. If it doesn't meet your needs, I'd take it back. Good Luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lildroopie View Post
    There's a patch to adjust the brightness of the keyboard. I would check that out first and maybe adjust the brightness to a suitable level. If it doesn't meet your needs, I'd take it back. Good Luck.
    thats what i need. you wouldnt happen to know the name of the patch would ya?
    The pre I just swapped in for a refurb (had a bad headphone jack which started switching in and out of headset mode during calls, many times a second, regardless of cleaning/blowing/all the other tricks) had the asymmetric keyboard lighting. At first it bothered me a bit, but I soon got used to it and actually kind of liked it before long. For the many months I had it the lighting was never an issue.
    If that's the only concern with your phone: keep it. It's a winner. You won't even notice the light difference within 1-2 weeks. Better than playing the pre-lottery again - hate saying it, but it's true.
    My "new" unit is perfect in every way... except the orange and enter buttons are pushed in. They don't click and in fact give no feedback when pressed and are hard to use. But for everything the pre does, it's worth it.
    Not sure if they would let you swap that one out anyways; problem seems more cosmetic than functional. Besides, it gives it character
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniPollicis View Post
    The pre I just swapped in for a refurb (had a bad headphone jack which started switching in and out of headset mode during calls, many times a second, regardless of cleaning/blowing/all the other tricks) had the asymmetric keyboard lighting. At first it bothered me a bit, but I soon got used to it and actually kind of liked it before long. For the many months I had it the lighting was never an issue.
    If that's the only concern with your phone: keep it. It's a winner. You won't even notice the light difference within 1-2 weeks. Better than playing the pre-lottery again - hate saying it, but it's true.
    My "new" unit is perfect in every way... except the orange and enter buttons are pushed in. They don't click and in fact give no feedback when pressed and are hard to use. But for everything the pre does, it's worth it.
    Not sure if they would let you swap that one out anyways; problem seems more cosmetic than functional. Besides, it gives it character
    Thats true. maybe the next one i get will have no backlight issues on the keyboard but it'll probably have bigger issues that i simply cant deal with. gonna stick with this one!