1.    #1  
    Ok, so i am at work, using IE6, and for whatever reason the search function won't work. So i apologize for making this new thread in advance.

I recently upgraded to the EVO, and my friends over at VZW are stuck with their BB Tours, for awhile, and i wanted to give my pre to one of them. I remember back when the pre could work on VZW, but without 3G, was wondering if thats been solved, or if anyone could point me in the appropriate direction to find this out.

Thanks for the help...
    Moto Q9c -> Palm PRE -> HTC EVO 4G
  2.    #2  
    bump....
    Moto Q9c -> Palm PRE -> HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    traitor!
    I don't think you can. If Verizon would activate the ESN, then it's possible...
    Yup.. Garrett is right. Verizon would have to be willing to activate that phone's ESN on their network. You can contact them to apply to have this done. There is a process this and it isn't guaranteed, but they will give you the info it if it possible.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Interesting. Never knew that.
    Don't do it. You'll be swiping for a gesture area on the evo and get tired of it not working. Then you'll wish you haven't given your pre away.
  8.    #8  
    Well, i already have the evo and love it. Tho webos does many things better, ill be back, when new hardware comes.

So, if vzw accepts the esn, is there anything else that needs to be done? Like maybe using the vzw doctor? Id love to pass my pre to someone who would appreciate it, as much as i have the last 12 months. I just dont know anyone on sprint....
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    Well, i already have the evo and love it. Tho webos does many things better, ill be back, when new hardware comes.

So, if vzw accepts the esn, is there anything else that needs to be done? Like maybe using the vzw doctor? Id love to pass my pre to someone who would appreciate it, as much as i have the last 12 months. I just dont know anyone on sprint....
    You would most likely need to combine parts from the Sprint and Verizon Doctors.
  10.    #10  
    Sounds difficult. So im guessing then, it wouldnt really be worth it. Has anyone succeded in doing this? If so, any idea where i could find the info? Thanks for your help.