1.    #1  
    I work for a public safety software company. We provide the software, install it, and support it. We just had a company meeting and they announced that we are finishing a product to work with the pre/webos. This release will essentially be to public safety officials only, so probably wont really affect people here, most likely. An officer will be able to do all his police work from his phone to the server, including being dispatched to a call. I work in the install department so I am excited to integrate this with customers. Anyways, thought this was pretty awesome and just wanted to share and brag a little bit too.
    That's really cool! Does you company already make smiler apps for other platforms?
    That is cool, I only hope they don't support Sprint as a carrier. It would be terrible to have someone trying to write a report but they can't because of a TMC error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    That is cool, I only hope they don't support Sprint as a carrier. It would be terrible to have someone trying to write a report but they can't because of a TMC error.
    Just get them to install the compcache kernel and no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

Guessing it works as some sort of web/exchange server interface. So unless they were doing non work related tasks on the phone it should be okay. Sounds like a cool app regardless.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    That's really cool! Does you company already make smiler apps for other platforms?
    Well we are making it available for android and iphone too, but I just didn't care to mention those.
    That's awesome to hear!

There are a lot of doom-n-gloom people out there who may finally realize that webOS apps are being included by developers. As a matter of fact, just the other day Bank of America released their webOS banking app too (and they said they wouldn't do it until they were sure of Palm's future)!

Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's awesome to hear!

There are a lot of doom-n-gloom people out there who may finally realize that webOS apps are being included by developers. As a matter of fact, just the other day Bank of America released their webOS banking app too (and they said they wouldn't do it until they were sure of Palm's future)!

Thanks for sharing!
    WOW thanks for the heads-up, man! I've been waiting for a BoA app since launch day.

And to the OP: awesome news, as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Just get them to install the compcache kernel and no problems.
    Which could be worse... running out of juice.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Jordo,
    I work in the public safety industry. Any hints you can give about the software? I work for a medium sized agency, anything the agency may be interested in??
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's awesome to hear!

Thanks for sharing!
    I am not sure I would use BOA of as an example, being they were voted the worst company in america.
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky **** View Post
    I am not sure I would use BOA of as an example, being they were voted the worst company in america.
    Used an example as explained in the post...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Very interesting, I'd be curious to know if other platforms does this as well. Like private winmo, android and iphone apps.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Jordo,
    I work in the public safety industry. Any hints you can give about the software? I work for a medium sized agency, anything the agency may be interested in??
    I would be happy to give you some specifics about the software if you want to PM me. The company web site is www.spillman.com That is of course all public information.