Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Need some help here. I'm at work, where I normally get perfect service, but today my Pre unexplicably lost reception. It keeps going in and out....EVDO is intermittent. I tried a restart, but that didn't help. I also tried updating the PRL and Network Settings but I got error messages during both operations saying the updates couldn't be completed. Anyone have any ideas? Is it a Sprint problem or something with my phone? I haven't installed anything recently and my Pre has been working well until today.
  2.    #2  
    No one? No ideas at all?
    Did you try restarting the phone?
    probably a network problem.. Do you have the roam only patch, if so 1x is better than nothing
  5.    #5  
    I did try a restart, but that didn't help. As for the roaming only patch, I don't have that installed. I have my phone set on Sprint Only network because I don't want to roam at all. This is frustrating though. I always have good service here and now, for some reason, I got nothing.

Any other ideas would be appreciated!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Something similar has been happening since Friday. My Ev-Do connection on my Sprint Pre has disappearing for no reason. I have to do a full device restart and sometimes it will come back. I don't know why it happens, it was the first time i ever lost ev-do connection at my office. I still have 4-5 bars reception, i just have no data connection. The data connection will come back after a while sometimes, and then happen again. This happens at work, at home, while i'm walking down the street. This is in NYC.

I've attached a copy of what my phone looks like. As you can see i have no ev-do connection but no reception. i've tried manually to turn on data using device menu-megamix patch to try and turn on data, but the button doesn't work. I just have to wait for my pre to start accepting data again.

The only thing new i had done to my phone since Friday when this error occured was install the compache kernel. I don't think that could be the reason though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I wonder if sprint is trying to save bandwidth, someone posted they might start rationing us
  8.    #8  
    Why would sprint ration us? Yeah it's weird. I've never had a problem at work until today. Now my bars and evdo appear and disappear and my phone gets a little warm as if it's continually searching for service. I don't believe my work has installed metal sheeting all around the building in the last day...
    hey I noticed your username is dodgerblue, assuming you are in so cal?

signal has been dropping for me today here in pasadena, so you are not alone.

it's going in and out and kiling my battery.

is your data EV stuck or bouncing as we'll?
    Same thing happening in Iowa today. I own two Pre's and both doing the same thing
    Long Island, NY here. Also been having problems at work. Usually have a good 3-4 bar EVDO connection. Since yesterday, I've been on and off roaming like crazy. Restart has not fixed the issue.
  12.    #12  
    trim81.....yep. I'm in Brea. My EVDO is bouncing also. Sounds like a lot of us are having the same problem. Seems like it has to be a Sprint issue then. Maybe they're getting ready to release 1.4.5 and it's taking up bandwidth? Who knows haha. I've resorted to turning my phone on airplane mode so that it doesn't keep searching for service that apparently isn't there. Lame.
    doubt it's 1.45, it's unrelated to signal strength...

my guess is they are working on the 4G towers, set for July flip-on
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I did try a restart, but that didn't help. As for the roaming only patch, I don't have that installed. I have my phone set on Sprint Only network because I don't want to roam at all. This is frustrating though. I always have good service here and now, for some reason, I got nothing.

Any other ideas would be appreciated!
    well try restarting your phone, that should do the trick.
    signal seemed to come back as normal now for me.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    We had similar issues in the uk yesterday, the whole o2 data network for the country was down for most of the day. Maybe you experienced a similar thing
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    well try restarting your phone, that should do the trick.
    time to start reading posts. I have already said twice (including in my original post) that I TRIED RESTARTING AND IT DID NOT WORK. This is now the third time I've said it.
    calm down Turbo. He was only trying to help
  19.    #19  
    You're right...my bad. But it doesn't take long to glance over the thread and see that what you're suggesting has been tried. I do appreciate the help though. Seems like everything is working better now.
    my guess is something to do with the 4G towers getting set up, like another person said.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast