Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I plug it into a computer and it says "Battery Charging" just like its plugged into a wall. No option to use as USB Drive or anything.

    Any ideas?
  2. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffedMojo View Post
    I plug it into a computer and it says "Battery Charging" just like its plugged into a wall. No option to use as USB Drive or anything.

    Any ideas?
    I'm blanking on who it is, but one of the forum members has it in his signature. I think Opt (orange/grey) + Sym + U can force the Pre to USB mode

    UPDATE: after some searching, it's our very own ShaDavis08 that has this in his signature, and all thanks go to him.
    Last edited by bjs188; 06/15/2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: update
  3.    #3  
    That combination isn't working. :-/
  4. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffedMojo View Post
    That combination isn't working. :-/
    maybe restart/reboot/battery pull. then Orange + Sym + u

    or sometimes a good toss against the wall :-)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffedMojo View Post
    That combination isn't working. :-/
    What kind of cable are you using? Is it a 3rd party cable or the Palm one? I have found that some cables are "charge only" while others will let you connect to the USB. so, if you have the stock USB cable, try that and see what it says
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    maybe restart/reboot/battery pull. then Orange + Sym + u

    or sometimes a good toss against the wall :-)
    Yeah, I've given that a few tries...and trust me, the wall idea is looking better and better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    What kind of cable are you using? Is it a 3rd party cable or the Palm one? I have found that some cables are "charge only" while others will let you connect to the USB. so, if you have the stock USB cable, try that and see what it says
    I'm using the stock USB cable. :-/

    Thanks for the quick responses, though.
  7. ltlruss's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffedMojo View Post
    Yeah, I've given that a few tries...and trust me, the wall idea is looking better and better.



    I'm using the stock USB cable. :-/

    Thanks for the quick responses, though.
    When it's plugged in, is there a little symbol in the message area at the bottom of the phone?
  8. tsnum4's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #8  
    this happens to my sister somwtimes. Try all of the usb ports. Sometimes pot 'a' works and sometime she has to use port 'b'. No idea why, perhaps she has a gremlin in there!
  9. ltlruss's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    this happens to my sister somwtimes. Try all of the usb ports. Sometimes pot 'a' works and sometime she has to use port 'b'. No idea why, perhaps she has a gremlin in there!
    On that note, have you tried restarting your computer?
  10. #10  
    Ayup - I would unplug, restart both the computer and the phone, then try using a different USB cable and USB port (if available).
  11. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #11  
    are you using Windows 7? On my windows 7, which use to recognize my Pre via USB, it won't now, but if I take my Pre and the same cable and plug into my XP laptop, it does recognize the USB.

    This is a little different than the issue you specifically described, as I am presented with the choice USB, but once selected, it is never recognized by the computer.

    Just throwing the question out there about your PC operating system to see if it might be the culprit.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s

Posting Permissions