Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Wondering if the price on sprint pre will drop anytime soon? Looking to upgrade my wife's phone. Says she is due. I think she would like it since she has started to use fb and the web more on her phone now, a rant. Any suggestions? She doesn't ever like the idea of paying for a phone so looking for a good deal or a recommendation for a phone.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I've not heard of any price drops, but you'd think with the Evo now being shouted from the Sprint Mountaintops, the Pre would drop in price a bit.
    On the Sprint Website, it shows the Pre at $149.99 for new line or upgrade ($249.99 with $100 mail in rebate)... Best Buy Website shows $99.99 for a new line, I don't know about upgrades and I don't know how they handle rebates.

Last time I checked - before the EVO came out - it was $199.99 through Sprint, so there's a bit of a drop. If it drops to $49.99 or lower, I might even use my upgrade just to get a shiny new one. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    you would think with the big EVO out now that it would drop. everywhere else has the plus for lower so you would think they would follow suit.
    Yeah... Best Buy has the Verison Pre + for $29.99... and the AT&T Pre + is $99.99 I think...

I don't get why the oldest, slowest and lowest storage of the bunch is still the most expensive. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    My guess is that they do not have a ton of the Pre on hand in inventory, so the price is kept artificially high to ensure they do not sell out (since we have heard rumors the Pre is not being manufactured anymore).

Personally, I am seriously starting to doubt that there will be another webOS phone on Sprint. It seems that Sprint has gone very public in their statements that the problems with the Pre were entirely Palm's fault (lack of inventory, build quality, etc.). This does not indicate to me that they still have a lovey dovey relationship.

If Sprint were getting ready to launch a new webOS phone, it would seem that they would be dropping the price of the Pre, not maintaining a high price. Even if that phone were just the Pre+, it would seem prudent to drop the price of the Pre to clear out inventory.

Obviously, just all my thoughts and opinion...and opinions are like farts, everyone thinks theirs smell great and everyone else's stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    My guess is that they do not have a ton of the Pre on hand in inventory, so the price is kept artificially high to ensure they do not sell out (since we have heard rumors the Pre is not being manufactured anymore).
    This is, I think, the best explanation for the lack of price drop. Palm just isn't making the Sprint Pre any more. My only quip would be that the price is not "artificially high". It's naturally high because the price reflects the relative scarcity of the Sprint version of this phone.
    If Sprint were getting ready to launch a new webOS phone, it would seem that they would be dropping the price of the Pre, not maintaining a high price. Even if that phone were just the Pre+, it would seem prudent to drop the price of the Pre to clear out inventory.
    Sigh. I can find no fault in this analysis. That makes me sad.
    Twitter: dullgeek