1. jc9
    My Pre has started randomly vibrating, usually but not always when I push the power button. After doing this several times, it shuts down and restarts.

Here's what I know about the problem:

1) It seems to happen only when the switch is set to silent.

2) I dropped the phone several days ago. I'm not sure if this problem started then or not.

3) I've shut it down, removed the battery, and given it a rest, but that didn't help.

Any ideas or suggestions? New phone?

James
    ive had the same problem with my pixi plus. I got it literally 2 days ago and the first day everything was great. Today it just randomly vibrates. No reason at all...with out me pushing anything. This is a brand new phone from verizon. I really like the phone but this vibrating problem is really annoying.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Same here with my Pre. After its vibrating craziness, the screen pixels bleed like its burning, then shuts off.

May be related, but mine has also went just black for several minutes as if in sleep mode. I thought my battery could have been dead, but changing the battery didn't do anything. After a while, the screen came up.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I had this same issue with mine. I uninstalled the "charging alert vibrate only" patch because something made me thing that it was the culprit. The patch has been uninstalled for 4 days now, and no random vibrating/restarting as descripted above. If you don't have that patch installed, then I don't know what the issue could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    After its vibrating craziness, the screen pixels bleed like its burning, then shuts off.
    I had to turn off vibration because mine does it so much. And I hate that burning/dissolving effect before restarting. Happens once a day on average. Already happened twice this morning in the span of 10 minutes.

I can't wait for the end of the month when I'm eligible for a Sprint Premiere discount on a new phone. I've had enough of this garbage.

Edit: Oh my, just looked online and turns out I'm already eligible
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    @octoberorange W00t! I personally will wait and put up with my hardware issues, but there's no problem in changing especially in your case!