1.    #1  
    If I have a Pixi and want to change it out to a Pre and then maybe go back to the Pixi, and maybe even back to the Pre again, can the same profile be used between the Pres and the Pixis or do I need a separate Palm Profile for each phone? Does it matter going Pre to Pixi or Pixi to Pre?
    You cannot have a profile active simultaneously on two different devices, but you should be able to use the same profile when you switch from one device to another...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thanks... I'll give it a shot. My wife, in a moment of wisdom, placed her Pixi on the kitchen counter while making dinner... the counter was wet. In a moment of true wisdom, she put the lid from a pan of sauce down on the counter, half on the Pixi. It is now siting in a bag with rice for a few days. I have a spare Pre that I picked up super cheap, so I may activate it for her.

So, what have we learned here
    1. Don't put your phone down on a wet counter... the water can, and will "wick" into the phone
    2. Don't put a lid from a hot pan of liquid down on your phone... there's condensation inside the lid.

I'm embarrassed about this.
    It could have been worse... there was a guy here while back who was drying his Pre in a pot of dry rice after getting it wet, and his wife came in started water boiling and dumped the rice into the boiling water thinking he was getting dinner ready! LOL
    HAAAAAAAA!! Its funny you mention this because I also had a fateful water encounter with my precious Pre while doing the dishes:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-water.html

The rice trick actually worked! Fortunately a few months later I was able to swap out my old Pre for a manufacture defect.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It could have been worse... there was a guy here while back who was drying his Pre in a pot of dry rice after getting it wet, and his wife came in started water boiling and dumped the rice into the boiling water thinking he was getting dinner ready! LOL
    Oh that's so sad...
  7.    #7  
    winning fail!
    when you switch to a new device, same profile, does preware and installed theme transfer also?
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    when you switch to a new device, same profile, does preware and installed theme transfer also?
    No. No homebrew apps or patches are restored.
    you can switch from a pre to a pixi and back to a pre, I did lol, I think I remember having to sign into the palm profile though from a pc for some reason, I could be wrong. It's late
    I remember that! Hahahahaha! That was a great thread.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    you can switch from a pre to a pixi and back to a pre, I did lol, I think I remember having to sign into the palm profile though from a pc for some reason, I could be wrong. It's late
    You can change your active device on-line. But you can't load that profile to that device until that particular phone is the active one (which is when you enter your Palm profile info on the phone).
    Do note that some apps will work on the Pre, but not on the Pixi so the only problem you may run into is if the app is not supported by the device you are moving to.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts