Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just a few weeks post launch day for me, still on #1, no real issues. Had that tiny power button issue, but my local Sprint store fixed it while I waited.

Other than that, I dont even know what Oreo is, as I dont have it. No other issues , and I too have it patched into patch heaven, homebrewed to expresso level, and just find it STILL the most fun I have ever had with a cell phone

Rock On PRE!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    From the OP:

I rest my case.
    You rest your case? Ok then don't comment anymore in the forums.

anyways...

I made that comment because there is an interesting theory that I have.

A sociological event occurs online: people that are abusive towards things physically tend to also be verbally abusive.

So there is this interesting trend that happens: people that are more likely to be rough with their things, tend to also be more persuasive and heated in their speech.

So all you ever hear from are those who are complaining about their defective hardware, and they don't just tell you: they flame it. They troll about it. They basically have some unknown vendetta against a company for no reason (well, because they are rough with things and are upset when the company won't send them a 7th replacement)

These people continually move around to other companies, but don't stay long and just continue to follow trends, because they always find something wrong with the hardware/software eventually.

I'm not saying everyone is like this. The Palm Pre is definitely not a 'rugged' piece of hardware, nor was it designed to be.

If you want a rugged piece of hardware and demand it, use a candybar phone.

There are a lot of really rugged dumbphones.

Or hey, Palm sells one....its called the Pixi.

The iphone, the 'pinnacle' of smartphones (according to the general public) has tons of hardware issues when you aren't careful with it: my friend is onto his third iphone... the last two the glass shattered when he dropped it.

Thanks everyone for commenting on how your Pre has been working great for you. Its good to see generally quiet, careful, satisfied people speak out for once.

Oh, and im sorry for being generalized in my first comment, so I will be more direct:

If you are on your 5th+ Pre... you are doing something wrong, or have OCD. Its not Palm, its you. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    You rest your case? Ok then don't comment anymore in the forums.

anyways...

I made that comment because there is an interesting theory that I have.

A sociological event occurs online: people that are abusive towards things physically tend to also be verbally abusive.

So there is this interesting trend that happens: people that are more likely to be rough with their things, tend to also be more persuasive and heated in their speech.

So all you ever hear from are those who are complaining about their defective hardware, and they don't just tell you: they flame it. They troll about it. They basically have some unknown vendetta against a company for no reason (well, because they are rough with things and are upset when the company won't send them a 7th replacement)

These people continually move around to other companies, but don't stay long and just continue to follow trends, because they always find something wrong with the hardware/software eventually.

I'm not saying everyone is like this. The Palm Pre is definitely not a 'rugged' piece of hardware, nor was it designed to be.

If you want a rugged piece of hardware and demand it, use a candybar phone.

There are a lot of really rugged dumbphones.

Or hey, Palm sells one....its called the Pixi.

The iphone, the 'pinnacle' of smartphones (according to the general public) has tons of hardware issues when you aren't careful with it: my friend is onto his third iphone... the last two the glass shattered when he dropped it.

Thanks everyone for commenting on how your Pre has been working great for you. Its good to see generally quiet, careful, satisfied people speak out for once.

Oh, and im sorry for being generalized in my first comment, so I will be more direct:

If you are on your 5th+ Pre... you are doing something wrong, or have OCD. Its not Palm, its you. Period.
    someone's upset...
    op, you hit the nail on the head with your last post....
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    The Dark Side... I went through 7 Palm Pre's within 2 months all with failed speakers.

On the Force's side the latest one is on about it's third month at least and has fallen hard enough to knock it's cover off and battery out at least 10 times and other then scratches around the edges it's been flawless. I even passed on the EVO upgrade I qualified for although I got my kid one.

I've never had this good of a phone in my life. It's small, does everything a guy who needs real web to manage a website and a real phone that rings loud enough and does Blue tooth well to boot. What I wouldn't do for WEBOS on just a slightly larger screen with a flip out larger keyboard.

G..
    Last edited by Guvner; 06/17/2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123