1.    #1  
    so i have my pre for about ten months. i had little problems here and there nothing major. me and my friend where playing around and he dropped my pre which the volume switch fell off yet it still worked. that was months ago no problems until now the mute button on top works but the phone vibrates from mute to on. and the damn charging door broke off and at times the power button does not work.

so today i went to a sprint store. i went because of the annoying power button, but since the volume button is missin they refused to even look at the phone. they want me to call the insurances company and pay a hundred dollars yeah right. this is why i been contract free since 07
  2.    #2  
    palm support agreed to repair my phone only cost is shipping. which is cool.
    Get a hard case like the 2 piece one at the Sprint store. It really comes in handy for those occasional drops.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    My Pre is on its way out too. Once it finally does, I'm going to be very sad. I won't have enough cash to buy another one for a while either...
    what does a broken phone have to do with being contract free? Maybe I am the only one missing the connection.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    what does a broken phone have to do with being contract free? Maybe I am the only one missing the connection.
    it means anytime i can leave sprint.... i always buy off ebay etc. their policy stinks at times but what it comes down to is making money and i understand.
    I just went to Sprint with power button issue, took them exactly 3 minutes to fix it in the store.
    There is somewhere on here that tells you how to fix the powerbutton yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
    so i have my pre for about ten months. i had little problems here and there nothing major. me and my friend where playing around and he dropped my pre which the volume switch fell off yet it still worked. that was months ago no problems until now the mute button on top works but the phone vibrates from mute to on. and the damn charging door broke off and at times the power button does not work.

so today i went to a sprint store. i went because of the annoying power button, but since the volume button is missin they refused to even look at the phone. they want me to call the insurances company and pay a hundred dollars yeah right. this is why i been contract free since 07
    Thats total Bull its got a 12 month warranty if you pay the 7 a month TEP then they should be able to repair it or replace the missing parts make sure you take it to a store that can repair them...
    Quote Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
    it means anytime i can leave sprint.... i always buy off ebay etc. their policy stinks at times but what it comes down to is making money and i understand.
    Still don't get what that has to do with a phone that is under warranty from PALM not Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I just went to Sprint with power button issue, took them exactly 3 minutes to fix it in the store.
    There is somewhere on here that tells you how to fix the powerbutton yourself.
    Here ya go:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...utton-fix.html