Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Hi all,

One of the 'features' of AT&T's Pre Plus is the ability to automatically connect to AT&T's WIFI hotspot. How does it work? I was traveling two weeks ago and while I was at an airport, I turned on my WIFI and even though it connected to AT&T's hotspot, I was still asked for a username and password when I tried to use the browser. I thought all of this was supposed to be automatic and FREE? Thanks for your help.

Edit: On the WebOS Pre Plus info on ATT's site (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...tion/webos.jsp), it list the following:

AT&T Applications:

* AT&T NavigatorSM
    * YPMobile
    * AT&T Address Book
    * AT&T Wi-FI Hot Spots

I noticed that I don't have the AT&T Address Book and the AT&T Wi-FI Hot Spots applications on my Pre Plus. Hmmm... .

Edit 2: It did not automatically connect to AT&T's WIFI hotspot when I was at RDU airport. Perhaps I was impatient, but I had to manually select it to connect.
    Last edited by sooby77; 06/14/2010 at 08:26 PM.
    Good question. I would like to know the answer to this too.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    call and ask a tech at att
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Hi all,

One of the 'features' of AT&T's Pre Plus is the ability to automatically connect to AT&T's WIFI hotspot. How does it work? I was traveling two weeks ago and while I was at an airport, I turned on my WIFI and even though it connected to AT&T's hotspot, I was still asked for a username and password when I tried to use the browser. I thought all of this was supposed to be automatic and FREE? Thanks for your help.

Edit: On the WebOS Pre Plus info on ATT's site (Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T), it list the following:

AT&T Applications:

* AT&T NavigatorSM
    * YPMobile
    * AT&T Address Book
    * AT&T Wi-FI Hot Spots

I noticed that I don't have the AT&T Address Book and the AT&T Wi-FI Hot Spots applications on my Pre Plus. Hmmm... .

Edit 2: It did not automatically connect to AT&T's WIFI hotspot when I was at RDU airport. Perhaps I was impatient, but I had to manually select it to connect.
    No guarantees, nothing official here, but you can expect some those apps, and possibily AT&T Music, AT&T Radio, AT&T TV, AT&T Video, to show up in 1.4.5 - Whatever doesn't, will probably be in the release after that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    The less AT&T spam apps the better. No offense but some of those should be optional downloads for the people who use them. AT&T destroyed the Backflip with their junk apps. And it looks like the Aria is going to be similarly spammed. The Pre is clean for the most part.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Agreed!!!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    But the AT&T WIFI Hotspots app should be included. It is afterall useful when you travel.
    Sure, I meant stuff they want extra money or data usage for but you can't remove off the phone if you never use them. I was responding more to TopToungeBerry's post that spam will be included in the next version. With the exception of Navigator, I can still see practical use for that. After they gimped the data plans, now more than ever, those entertainment apps are luxuries, except Music(no charge or data use required).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Strange. I wandered past a local Starbucks to try this out, and it connected just fine. I haven't tried it in an airport yet, though.
    10+ years of PalmOS and WebOS devices, from Vx through several Clies (until Sony killed them), to Tungsten T5 and T|X, to Centro, to Pre Plus.