1.    #1  
    Hi there people, I used to have a Palm Pre but I sold it because it was too slow, and now i'm thinking of upgrading to the Palm Pre plus? is this any faster? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneBunting View Post
    Hi there people, I used to have a Palm Pre but I sold it because it was too slow, and now i'm thinking of upgrading to the Palm Pre plus? is this any faster? thanks
    Wow, good question. Base on what I've heard from both phone users... I'd say not really. Unless you are planning to upgrade the plus to a kernel,which would boost the speed from 500mhz stock to 800mhz overclocking.
    I have noticed speed increases in WebOS versions.
    What version was your Pre on when you found it slow?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    It was the same OS that is still the latest today. I'm thinking of going back to the original PrPrPré $now$ $as$ $I$ $was$ $stupid$ $to$ $never$ $think$ $of$ $over$ $clocking$! $lol$
    Can't wait for my Pré!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The difference when you overclock it, even to 720 (like I am) is very noticable.
    Get a Pre Plus. I really like mine, as long as it is overclocked. Stock speed is pretty painful.
    Pre Plus overclocked with CPU scaling and an extended life battery is nothing short of a great phone.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    The Pre Plus stock is pretty responsive, but anything accessing the web or the carrier is dependent on the carrier. Your standards may vary.
    Honestly, I would just stick it out and wait for the merger to be done. Rumors of a Q3 headset release seem to be more than rumors at this point and I don't see where waiting a month or two would kill you.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    If you don't wait, just get the Plus. The updates to the hardware make it a better phone than the original Pre, anyways.

People base their opinions on Palm off of the original Pre. Though I guess I can't blame them, but there's nothing at all wrong with the Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The versions of the Pre Plus with WebOS 1.4 already installed are quite a bit better when it comes to build quality. With the patches and overclocking kernels available via Preware, you will also find the boost to performance is VERY nice.

I am going to wait a bit before I try the new 105 kernel running at 1GHz, just because I don't feel like living THAT close to the bleeding edge. 102 and 104 kernels are enough for my tastes at this point.
    Last edited by Targon; 06/27/2010 at 05:54 AM.