Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bought my Pre at the end of November. On Sprint.

VERY happy with it.

Three people in my office saw it, played around with it and loved it so much they got them, too, and are also happy.

OP, as has been said elsewhere in this thread, the forums are where people go for help and/or to complain, so it's easy to be afraid from all those negatives. Most people don't come to simply post and say, "I'm happy."

So to address your original question/issue: had a Pre since November and quite happy with it.
  2. JKM
    Quote Originally Posted by daranaco View Post
    Is there anyone out there who has purchased a Pre within the last 6 months and loves it?
    I got a Pre Plus 6 weeks ago and I love it!

Should I take the plunge?
    Yes!
    Im actually buying my first Pre tomorrow!!
  4.    #64  
    Thanks to everyone for making so many good points about how to choose a phone. The truth is before I posted I visited a Sprint store, played with all of the phones, and walked out completely in love with the Pre. I decided to research the phone before I committed to buying it. That's when I came across this site. As a lot of you have pointed out, people are more likely to post with their problems than just to say "great phone!"

Thanks again for all the intelligent and insightful comments. They helped me to really look at what do I need from a phone and why do I want a Pre. In the end, I have decided to purchase the Pre.

The intelligence and passion of the members of this online community is amazing. On behalf of those who reap the benefits of your involvement in these forums, I cannot thank you enough.

Best,
    Danielle
    Thanks to everyone for making so many good points about how to choose a phone. The truth is before I posted I visited a Sprint store, played with all of the phones, and walked out completely in love with the Pre. I decided to research the phone before I committed to buying it. That's when I came across this site. As a lot of you have pointed out, people are more likely to post with their problems than just to say "great phone!"

Thanks again for all the intelligent and insightful comments. They helped me to really look at what do I need from a phone and why do I want a Pre. In the end, I have decided to purchase the Pre.

The intelligence and passion of the members of this online community is amazing. On behalf of those who reap the benefits of your involvement in these forums, I cannot thank you enough.

Best,
    Danielle
    congrats and enjoy!

your always welcomed to come here and ask questions, vent, wax poetic, whatevs about your pre.

may I suggest hitting some of the sticky threads in the tips and tricks section?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/

You may find some very useful hints to help make your stock pre do everything you need, and how to go homebrew if you so desire.

also, for future reference you can always view precentral, and these forums on your pre by accessing the mobile site.

just click the mobile link on the precentral homepage, or place an "m." in front of the sites address like so

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/

this trick also may work for other sites (an m. Or mobile. Or I.) often reveals a more phone friendly version of a site.
    Last edited by windzilla; 06/16/2010 at 08:08 AM.
    ....before I posted I visited a Sprint store, played with all of the phones, and walked out completely in love with the Pre.
    I did the same about a week ago. I spent over an hour playing with just about every smartphone at my Sprint store. I'm currently using a Moto Q9C for work and have never owned what I'd consider a real smartphone. So, I wanted some hands-on time with these devices.

The Pixi and Pre were the first phones I tried. I tried them first because there were way too many people swarming around the Android phones. Simply put, nobody was looking at the Palms. I fooled around with the Pre and Pixi for nearly 30 minutes before moving on to the HTC Touch Pro2. After playing with WebOS, Win Mobile seemed illogical. That's the best way to describe it. I should mention that I've lived with Win Mobile for over 2 years on a Moto Q9C. After 10 frustrating minutes with the HTC Touch Pro2, I patiently waited for my turn with a couple of Android based phones. While I liked those devices, I really didn't think the OS and interface was as-good-as the Palm devices.

In the whole time I was there, I think I was the only person that even touched the Pre and Pixi demo units. I left the store craving more info on Palm. I found this forum that night and started doing my research. I really appreciate your thread and all of the replies. I too felt a bit deflated after reading other posts about issues with WebOS and the Pre. Reading this thread makes me feel much better!!!!

Best,
    Danielle
    Best of luck to you. I hope your new phone serves you well.
    Danielle, I too have been a loyal Palm user for many years (IIIxe, M500, M505, Tungsten E, Tungsten C (two), and the Treo 680. I've never been an early-adopter, and had actually purchased a replacement Treo 680 on eBay (refurb which didn't work and I had to return it). I had just received an email from AT&T about the Pre Plus and decided to go look at it.

I fell in love with it after one look and used my upgrade to get it for the same price I'd paid for the replacement 680. The screen! A keyboard! WIFI!!!! The cards!

But unfortunately it was the first one my salesman had sold there, and told me my legacy Palm apps would work on it. Wrong. I've also used DateBk since it was WeekView on the IIIxe. Thought it would work in Classic (it does, but not well), and I do miss the stylus.

That said, I am quite happy with the Pre Plus so far. I'm trying to make the transition to "the cloud" and all that stuff. It's not all that easy for me (hey, I'm in my mid 50s!). DateBk is clearly not going to become available for the WebOS, so I've got to make some adjustments. But I figure I've got to do it sometime because eventually I will get left completely behind if I don't.

I'm not a power user, I'm not a software developer, but I am reasonably technically able, and I can learn, and have already been learning a lot on this site in just a few weeks. I think I can find replacements for most of the apps I use the most, although I'm not sure what is going to happen with Documents to Go, which I really, really need, at least eventually. But it does seem to work in Classic, so for now, I can cope.

Anyway, good luck and see ya around the forum!

Katherine
    My wife has an Android. I used an iPhone 3g for 2 years. I just got a Pre Plus.

The Pre definitely takes the cake. While Android is basically a copy of iOS (and iOS is basically a copy of the classic Palm stuff) webOS does things in a new way. Palm have been mobile OS innovators for a long time and it really shows in webOS, in my opinion. Hopefully webOS will get the new hardware it deserves soon, but even now I would put the Pre Plus on par with newer, more intimidating phones from HTC and Apple. The seamless notifications, insanely good multitasking and the PreCentral community have sealed the deal for me.
    When I first bought the Pre back in June of 09, I didn't like it. It was missing a lot of things. Since then, I jumped back in in April of this year and I am pretty please with it. With all the tweaks that you can install, you can customize the phone to suit your needs. Give it a try. You won't regret it. Oh, you can't edit Docs... that is a big downfall.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234