1.    #1  
    Is there a way that email's can be deleated from the server when read?

Meaning... I get the same emails both on my Pre and then again on my computer when I am away, it would be nice to just get them on my Pre while on vacation so that when I go home I don_ have to download the same email's. KWIM?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    Is there a way that email's can be deleated from the server when read?

Meaning... I get the same emails both on my Pre and then again on my computer when I am away, it would be nice to just get them on my Pre while on vacation so that when I go home I don_ have to download the same email's. KWIM?
    It sounds like you currently have the e-mail account set up on both your Pre and your computer as a pop3 account rather than an imap account. An imap account will achieve this for you. Without knowing where your e-mail account is hosted, I can't provide you with the exact instructions to do this, but you can use the gmail instructions at Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help as a guide to do this.
  3.    #3  
    Interesting....thank you. I will have to check into this, actually my email accounts are hosted with two different providers. Sounds like doing this may be a bit more than it is worth.

Is this something I set up on my own computer in my email settings or do I need
    to contact my host? Also, do I set this up on the Pre also?
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    Interesting....thank you. I will have to check into this, actually my email accounts are hosted with two different providers. Sounds like doing this may be a bit more than it is worth.

Is this something I set up on my own computer in my email settings or do I need
    to contact my host? Also, do I set this up on the Pre also?
    It's actually very straight-forward, and not much trouble at all. So long as your hosting provider allows imap access (and I'd be surprised if they didn't), the change is made only on your PC and your Pre. It's just a matter of changing the server addresses and port numbers. No need to change anything with your hosting provider. If you contact your hosting provider tech support, they can provide you with the applicable settings for your e-mail addresses, and it will be the same info for both your computer and the Pre. Good luck!
    IMAP is the way to go especially for your scenario.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.