1.    #1  
    Topic.
    yeah you could use the doctor lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Title.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Webos repair utility but the doctor worked great for me this weekend. Phone is running much better and got everything back on without a hitch.
    Title.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    no spinning disks = no need for a defrag.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    if you're just needing to speed it up a bit, you could download a little app thru Preware called 'jstop'. It can help to kill processes to do a speed boost...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Seriously bad idea to defrag flash RAM. Shortens life of the memory.
    Though some of the responses hint at the reason for the answer of "no", I think the question warrants a more in-depth answer.

Physical hard drives occasionally need to be defragmented. All data on the storage media is divided into small chunks. Those chuncks have a tag at the end that tells the OS where to find the next small chunk of data.

On a physical hard drive, you can speed performance by defragging, which moves all of the fragments of the file so they are sequential, and the OS doesn't need to "wait" while the read/write head repositions itself and the physical hard drive spins to the proper position so the next fragment can be read.

This isn't needed when the "hard drive" is memory. It doesn't matter where the next fragment is located, since there are no physical moving parts to wait for. The only "slowdown" is the virtually unnoticable slowdown caused by resistance in the computer chip. It's negligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    no spinning disks = no need for a defrag.
    Obviously you've never heard of the SSD's every manufacturer under the sun is trying to pump out....

And to overstate the UBER obvious....'cause someone will use it as a factual 'excuse' for the need not to defragment a solid state memory device.......

"it is highly probably that the original poster of this topic was merely asking if there is a 'patch' or 'method' to perform the something similar to the 'TRIM' command on the solid state memory in the Pre, much like in SSD's"

Caveat:
    1. The original poster may be just a crazy person and assume that the Pre has a little disk drive in it that spins..... lol.
    2. There is no evidence, that I am aware of, that indicates the Pre needs its SS memory 'defragmented'.
    3. I'm sure someone will only read a piece of this post and take it out of full context in order to reply in some haphazard fashion....

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Obviously you've never heard of the SSD's every manufacturer under the sun is trying to pump out....

And to overstate the UBER obvious....'cause someone will use it as a factual 'excuse' for the need not to defragment a solid state memory device.......

"it is highly probably that the original poster of this topic was merely asking if there is a 'patch' or 'method' to perform the something similar to the 'TRIM' command on the solid state memory in the Pre, much like in SSD's"

Caveat:
    1. The original poster may be just a crazy person and assume that the Pre has a little disk drive in it that spins..... lol.
    2. There is no evidence, that I am aware of, that indicates the Pre needs its SS memory 'defragmented'.
    3. I'm sure someone will only read a piece of this post and take it out of full context in order to reply in some haphazard fashion....

Cheers
    The Pre does not have a micro drive in it that spins?

AWW nothing like a bit of sarcasm...
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post

Cheers
    This post proves that you are undereducated in the fields of both applied mathematics, and quantum mechanics. How DARE you pretend to know my intentions when the mere attempt to explain my actions alters the outcome in ways so unexplainable that i wouldn't even have to know what i'm talking about to......where am i again?