Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello friends,

I could use your expert help.

I have a Palm Pre+ with Verizon and my wireless services stopped working this morning. I thought it was because of a late bill payment, but the wife's Pixi+ on our family plan is working just fine.

I ran a test on it and got the Code 20 modem error.

I was running a rooted phone with Preware, Govnuh, unthrottled download, and a dozen or so other cosmetic patches.

I tried a battery pull, turn off/on airlplane mode, partial memory wipe and nothing worked. The memory wipe had me sign back in with my profile but theres no service.

Did a full doctor and same results.

Any other thoughts for a possible solution before actually going in and getting a new handset?

Thanks for all your help
    You've pretty much exhausted all of the suggestions you would have gotten from here... at this point I think your only resolution would be to take the device in to be either swapped or repaired. Sorry I don't have a better suggestion, but you've been pretty thorough with troubleshooting.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    all codes and procedures to fix them are located here: (Sprint Employees, I believe)

Palm Pre Quick Tests Error Code Matrix Inside Sprint Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissizit View Post
    all codes and procedures to fix them are located here: (Sprint Employees, I believe)

Palm Pre Quick Tests Error Code Matrix Inside Sprint Now

Very nice Dissizit! I'm definitely going to bookmark that one (never seen it before). Great find!
  5.    #5  
    That's where I got my method of resolution from. Question though, is the "recovery tool" that they speak of referring to Doctoring the phone, or am I missing something?
    Yes, Palm calls the Doctor the 'Recovery Tool'.
    Code 20 refers to the device not receiving a data connection.

Looks like you have done all necessary troubleshooting on the device. I would first contact Sprint and have them review your account and verify that nothing throws up a red flag. If all looks well you are looking at possibly getting a replacement device. Due no that if there is a problem on the account side the replacement device is going to have the same problem..scratch that probably a little worse since you won't be able to get through the setup process.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Code 20 refers to the device not receiving a data connection.

Looks like you have done all necessary troubleshooting on the device. I would first contact Sprint and have them review your account and verify that nothing throws up a red flag. If all looks well you are looking at possibly getting a replacement device. Due no that if there is a problem on the account side the replacement device is going to have the same problem..scratch that probably a little worse since you won't be able to get through the setup process.
    I have Verizon, I assume the same steps would apply?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    I have Verizon, I assume the same steps would apply?
    Yep
  10.    #10  
    Thanks again for everything.

Thinking about it some more, is it possible that my late payment is causing this, even though my wife's phone is working?

The payment hasn't posted to my Verizon account yet.

What was extra odd about what happened is that my phone was working when I first got up (around 7am PST) then wasnt working by the time I got to work (around 745am PST)
    Last edited by Mr. Lingo; 06/14/2010 at 02:10 PM.
    One way to find out... simply call Verizon's customer billing department and the can tell you if there is an issue with the account.
  12.    #12  
    that would be the smart thing to do hahah (can you tell i'm trying to avoid calling CS)

I just checked in with the wife, looks like her 3g still works but her calls arent. signs are pointing towards the late payment. I'll wait until the payment posts, if the problem persists, I'll call
    hoooooooold on boys...

i had the same error with my phone.

what worked for me was to doctor the phone back to version 1.2.1, then after that re-doctor back to 1.4.1

data connection came back, signed into my palm profile, things have been going smoothly ever since!

Hope it helps!
  14.    #14  
    i'll give it a shot, I've already doctored my phone once anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    hoooooooold on boys...

i had the same error with my phone.

what worked for me was to doctor the phone back to version 1.2.1, then after that re-doctor back to 1.4.1

data connection came back, signed into my palm profile, things have been going smoothly ever since!

Hope it helps!
    I don't see how reflashing the device back to 1.2.1 and then doctoring to 1.4.1 would work "better" than doctoring with the 1.4.1. doctor.

Did you even try to doctor to 1.4.1 or was the steps you indicated the steps that you chose to take without really trying other things?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  16.    #16  
    im just gonna wait until the payment posts, since the wife is running into similar connection issues, i figure its the best thing to do at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    im just gonna wait until the payment posts, since the wife is running into similar connection issues, i figure its the best thing to do at this point
    Can someone please develop a patch that avoids late payment issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I don't see how reflashing the device back to 1.2.1 and then doctoring to 1.4.1 would work "better" than doctoring with the 1.4.1. doctor.

Did you even try to doctor to 1.4.1 or was the steps you indicated the steps that you chose to take without really trying other things?
    what i posted was my last shot at getting it working after being on the phone with 4 sprint reps and 2 palm reps.

its also the only thing that worked
    also run webos repair utility after wards it may help fix whatever the issue is.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    Can someone please develop a patch that avoids late payment issues?
    AGREED!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast