Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well first I want to say that this is my first post in these forums. I've have my Pre for a little over two weeks; and today it slipped out my hand and fell on a hard tile floor. The phone shut off but started up fine and everything seems to be working okay. I did notice though that it has a chip on the side now just below the power button on the part of the phone where the screen is. My question is should I call Verizon and see if I can get it replaced; or just see if over time it starts acting up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
    I'm sure you would not be asking if Verizon will replace the phone for FREE because you dropped it and chipped it? If you are asking whether you could get a replacement under your insurance, yes, you probably could, after paying the deductible ($50 or $100 usually). There has been a deal in the past where you could trade a used cell phone with Verizon for $50 and get a refurb, but I doubt that will work for a Pre.

Oh, and welcome to PreCentral!! There is a lot of great info here, including how to overclock and speed up your Pre and get Preware on it so you have a lot more options/programs. Just look in the stickies at the top of the forums.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks for replying! I know I would have to pay a deductible; I guess my real concern is if the crack on the side of the phone will affect the screen in any way. I remember reading a thread in which someones screen stopped working from having a crack on the side. Just wondering if I should wait and see what happens or go ahead and get a replacement. I have Preware and have overclocked my Pre and it is really fast now! Living it so far!
    You could get a screen protector like Skinomi and put that on and it may reduce noticability of the crack. I don't think I would get it replace yet. Unfortunately, Pre's seem to have a relatively high return rate and you may end up returning it for a replacement because of a hardware problem. For example, my daughter has a Pre+ that developed a bad power button. Of course, I knew that you could put a rubber band under it to get it to work. But, if she ever wants to get it replaced with a refurb at Vzw, I can just take the rubber band out. ha-ha
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yeah I do need a screen protector. The crack is on the side of the phonenear the mirror back. I maybe am just worrying too much. I'll just have to keep a better handle on it from now on. By the way, I love this phone!