1.    #1  
    Hi, I just brought my pre and was trying to create a profile, I brought the phone from CEX, it's locked to O2 but I can't seem to get internet connection out of it to complete the procedure.

Error Message: "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to create the profile. Move into a wireless service area and try again"

Is there a way I can get it to connect to my wireless router?
    Or will a hard reset fix the issue? If so then how?

Thanks in advance.
    Are you in a 3G service area? Regular activation is required to be done over 3G and will not work over wi-fi. You will need to bypass activation with Meta-Doctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I had the issue you'll need to do a hash code (##) reset I don't remember the instructions call Palm they should be able to help. ##786# not sure if this works on GSM.... hold down the shift key and press B twice. Then go to reset.
    master subsidy # is 417972
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I had the issue you'll need to do a hash code (##) reset I don't remember the instructions call Palm they should be able to help. ##786# not sure if this works on GSM.... hold down the shift key and press B twice. Then go to reset.
    master subsidy # is 417972
    The Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) number should be different for each user. You can get your phones MSL by calling the carrier's help desk and telling them you need it to reset your phone. Once you get that number perform the procedure Doc31 suggested. You can also do this by performing a hash of: ##3282#, select 'restore' and it will ask you for our MSL and allow you to hard-reset your phone.

If you can't do the above for some reason, you could also Doctor your device back to fresh settings. To get it into USB mode, pull the battery, hold the volume UP button while putting the battery back in and keep holding until you see the large USB icon. Then hook it to your computer and run the doctor.
  5.    #5  
    Ok thanks for your help guys but I was looking in to it further, I used WebOS doctor to do a reset in recovery mode and that enabled me to get a 3G connection which I previously didn't have.

For those who have the same trouble use WebOS doctor here http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm

I'd also like to add, I've only just got in to using my Pre and I love it.