1.    #1  
    Hi,
    My Pre, crashed for the 1st time tonight since I bought it at the 1st of the year, I lost most of my contacts, but in my apps section I ended up having to redownload them one at a time, for some reason the Pre wouldn't let me download all the apps at the same time, all this was the cause of trying to download worldtime lite, it made it crash, I lost every thing, no big deal but if anyone could help me recover a app I had that was a ebook reader and I don't know the name of it, I downloaded it back around Jan. or Feb. I can't remember if it was a beta app or a app from the app store, it was free, and it let you download free ebooks alot of them were real old books but some of them were cool, I looked/searched for it but couldn't find it the nearst thing was kobo, the one I had might have been called free ebooks or something like that, the few books I had downloaded was Sun Zu, and some old civil war novels, and the 911 comission, it let you build a library on you pre, is there anyway I can recover it? I called Sprint but no help there, go figure lol. I've tired looking through all the help sections here, and the web apps but still can not find it, also I lost my memo's is there a way to recover them, guess I need to learn how to back it up on the PC but I've tried and never been able to. Any help would be grealy appericated. Please Help I am at wits ends!!!

Thanks,
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplaindoug View Post
    Hi,
    My Pre, crashed for the 1st time tonight since I bought it at the 1st of the year, I lost most of my contacts, but in my apps section I ended up having to redownload them one at a time, for some reason the Pre wouldn't let me download all the apps at the same time, all this was the cause of trying to download worldtime lite, it made it crash, I lost every thing, no big deal but if anyone could help me recover a app I had that was a ebook reader and I don't know the name of it, I downloaded it back around Jan. or Feb. I can't remember if it was a beta app or a app from the app store, it was free, and it let you download free ebooks alot of them were real old books but some of them were cool, I looked/searched for it but couldn't find it the nearst thing was kobo, the one I had might have been called free ebooks or something like that, the few books I had downloaded was Sun Zu, and some old civil war novels, and the 911 comission, it let you build a library on you pre, is there anyway I can recover it? I called Sprint but no help there, go figure lol. I've tired looking through all the help sections here, and the web apps but still can not find it, also I lost my memo's is there a way to recover them, guess I need to learn how to back it up on the PC but I've tried and never been able to. Any help would be grealy appericated. Please Help I am at wits ends!!!

Thanks,
    Doug
    EDIT... just re-read your post. If you haven't tried the "Erase Apps and Data" in the System Info, Reset Options, that will reload your profile. If everything doesn't come back when the profile is reloaded then try calling Palm. But you may want to Dr. the phone first since there is obviously something that caused this in the first place.

Doug, fortunately Palm keeps a database with your Pre backups in it. Call Palm support and tell them you lost your contacts, memos and apps. They can look back in the backup history for your Palm Profile to see when all of the data was still there.

They will have you do a partial erase (reload your profile) and all of your contacts, memos and app catalog apps should come back automatically then.

It happened to me.

*NOTE* The things that they care about the most are your contacts and memos since Palm has been such a business friendly company.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 06/14/2010 at 07:17 AM.
    There is an app in Preware called Save/Restore which could help going forward. It doesn't support every app but the list keeps growing. Did you doctor your phone and sign into your profile?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation