1.    #1  
    So saturday night my phone suddenly went into 'phone offline' and battery would no longer charge. I thought it was done for. i did everything i could think of...reboot, pull out battery reboot. even a full hard reset! had it working during the activation screen til' i was done syncing and booted to luna then it stopped working again!. fed up, i went ahead and drove to my nearest sprint repair center. after they thought it was fixed i went home. decided to stop for a soda at a gas station and looked at the time when surprise!!!!...its 'phone offline' again. went back, spoke to another guy and told me he could only order me another phone and it would be here tues. by this time my phone is stuck at the blue sceen with the clouds in the background. came home and did some research(shoulda done this to begin with)and was able to get into usb mode and doctor it. phone is up and running with no problems right now. so, what should i do? should i go ahead and act like my phone is still not working to get another one? do they mess with esn on my old phone? or should i go ahead and tell them the truth...please help
    I'd go ahead and swap the phone with the replacement to be on the safe side. You aren't lying in order to get an exchange, and you never know if this is caused by a hardware issue or not. You could keep it and next week have the same thing happen. Since the store already went ahead and ok'd a swap, I'd go ahead and do it just to be safe. You don't have to lie to them when you take it in. Since the swap is already authorized, when you take the device in, they will only pull the battery to get the ESN, and then program your new phone. Your issue is intermittent, so don't worry about feeling like you are doing something bad. Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'd go ahead and swap the phone with the replacement to be on the safe side. You aren't lying in order to get an exchange, and you never know if this is caused by a hardware issue or not. You could keep it and next week have the same thing happen. Since the store already went ahead and ok'd a swap, I'd go ahead and do it just to be safe. You don't have to lie to them when you take it in. Since the swap is already authorized, when you take the device in, they will only pull the battery to get the ESN, and then program your new phone. Your issue is intermittent, so don't worry about feeling like you are doing something bad. Good luck!
    you have a good point there. this is my first time doing a swap. do they take my old phone? the guy didnt tell me anything but to just call tues. to see if they got my replacement. if they dont take my phone would it be possible to use my original phone on another line? like say for my girlfriends line which is a completely different account.
    They will definitely take your old phone. They are going to swap it out for another. Once your new phone arrives and they want you to come in, I would perform a Reset and Secure Erase on the phone to make sure all files on the USB are deleted along with your settings.

When you get there, they will pull battery and scan the ESN. Then they'll set that aside and scan the ESN of the new device to activate it on your account. They will then have you enter your Palm Profile name and password on the new device to start the process of downloading your settings to the new phone. Your old one will get boxed up and sent back. 1-2-3 its as easy as that.
  5.    #5  
    NEVERMIND!!!! spoke waaaayy too soon. phone is back to 'phone offline' going for my refurb...sigh
    My friend's pre have this problem too. The phone is dead so it always be phone offline. The battery won't charge even it said charging. This happen because overheat on touchstone and cause hardware failure. Be cautious with touchstone when charging. Install patch for temperature notification to avoid any damage to your phone because of overheat.

I know touchstone was designed for Pre / Pixi. and it got some rewards too. but I really doubt it is a great stuff due to heat that happen when charging process. It is absolutely design for place that have cool atmosphere, but for place that not too cool, touchstone really not too safe.

After what happen to my friend's pre.. I really very carefull use my touchstone for charge my pre plus. I use external fan to cooling it, and turn data off to avoid any additional heat, and more over not do any activity when charging.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    My friend's pre have this problem too. The phone is dead so it always be phone offline. The battery won't charge even it said charging. This happen because overheat on touchstone and cause hardware failure. Be cautious with touchstone when charging. Install patch for temperature notification to avoid any damage to your phone because of overheat.

I know touchstone was designed for Pre / Pixi. and it got some rewards too. but I really doubt it is a great stuff due to heat that happen when charging process. It is absolutely design for place that have cool atmosphere, but for place that not too cool, touchstone really not too safe.

After what happen to my friend's pre.. I really very carefull use my touchstone for charge my pre plus. I use external fan to cooling it, and turn data off to avoid any additional heat, and more over not do any activity when charging.
    Thats exactly my problem. I've been using a touchstone since i bought it back in december. i love palm and webos but this is discouraging. i sure hope my refurb is not a ****** one...i really would hate to make a stupid decision out of frustration and jump ship to android.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/14/2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: edit language
    @cl0ckw0rk: if you want to jump ship to android, make sure you tried it first before make decision. I have samsung galaxy spice android 2.1 beside my pre plus. and I can say android OS is no match with WebOS, especially in GUI, multitask , multitouch and notification. Yes Android OS works quite good, and lots of free app too on Android market, but yet It can't match what we have on WebOS.

But still better you tried and feel it yourself. because lots of people out there underdogged WebOS. But I found they 1000% wrong, because they never really use WebOS before

The real problem we have now. it isn't WebOS.. but the hardware that carries it. Hope HP can manage this problem better at the future.