1.    #1  
    Today has been horrible, I woke up and my phone was working fine and an hour later the phone went dead. I went to a Sprint corporate store for service and they tried and then said the phone was indeed dead. Said they will order a phone but it will be 3-4 days. Who can go 3-4 days with no phone I use it for work. They then tell me I can buy a new phone and I can get one today for one of my other five lines that I have on my account and temporarily use it on my line. So they just want the money!! I have ESRP so it is going to cost nothing. I then spent almost an hour on the phone with CS working my way up through the ranks to finally be told that I am out of luck I can't get a new phone from the store I will just have to wait. I am still waiting for the Manager of the call center to call me back some 7 hours later as I was told that he would call me. I am just furious with sprint I have been with them for over 11 years and this is the way I am treated. As soon as my phones come off of contract I am done with sprint all but one is done this summer. Sorry for the long post I just needed to vent. Any suggestions as to how to get further with customer service would be great.

Chris
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Dude this isn't twitter
    Hi Everybody!!!
    it should not take 3 to 4 days to get another phone. i had mine replaced in 2 days sometimes even 1 day could be possible . you should be able to get a loner or something ,if you asked for one .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    If your phone is completely non functional, it was my understanding that you would be able to get an in-store replacement.

try calling cust care too.

I would hate to think they would allow a customer, especially a long time customer, have such a bad experience.

I also have been with Sprint a very long time and have always been fortunate in having issues resolved.
    I've never heard of them giving a in-store replacement. I have always gotten a loaner phone to hold onto until my phone arrive 3-4 days later. Kind of sucks, but thats life...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Are you sure the phone is dead? Try pulling the battery and the hook it up to a computer with the usb cable and see if it will come back on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have received several in store replacements. You just make it clear you cannot leave without a phone.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  8.    #8  
    I was told no in store replacement by both the store and customer service. Store manager told me if I want a new phone I would have to try and deal with palm directly. Phone won't power up with new battery charging or anything it is simply dead. Thanks for the replies.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'm sure that before cell phone were invented you could get around just fine..i went without a phone before I got my pre for a week and it was the most liberating thing I could of done no one bother on the way to work or on the way home, or at work just get over it wait for the phone and you won't even remember this happened...
    I went through the same exact crap with a Treo 600 several years ago... never understood that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chirocd View Post
    Today has been horrible, I woke up and my phone was working fine and an hour later the phone went dead. I went to a Sprint corporate store for service and they tried and then said the phone was indeed dead. Said they will order a phone but it will be 3-4 days. Who can go 3-4 days with no phone I use it for work. They then tell me I can buy a new phone and I can get one today for one of my other five lines that I have on my account and temporarily use it on my line. So they just want the money!! I have ESRP so it is going to cost nothing. I then spent almost an hour on the phone with CS working my way up through the ranks to finally be told that I am out of luck I can't get a new phone from the store I will just have to wait. I am still waiting for the Manager of the call center to call me back some 7 hours later as I was told that he would call me. I am just furious with sprint I have been with them for over 11 years and this is the way I am treated. As soon as my phones come off of contract I am done with sprint all but one is done this summer. Sorry for the long post I just needed to vent. Any suggestions as to how to get further with customer service would be great.

Chris
    sounds awful, but on the brightside if you do leave u could pick up a pre plus on another carrier. hope it all works out tho!
    In my personal experience, sprint Pre quality really not realiable, especially if you got it close with launch date on june 2009. First batch of pre really have horrible quality. but Pre batch at end year of 2009 and early 2010 should have better quality.

I have Sprint Pre before I buy Verizon Pre Plus. My Sprint Pre have problem on the touchscreen, using ##TEST# on dialpad.. I got 5 dead squares on my screen. Beside that, the lcd has noteable discoloration and a bit "oreo effect" when slider close.

Those problem not happen on my Verizon Pre Plus.. and I hope not!

So my suggestion, if you really done with sprint, better you grab verizon Pre Plus or maybe AT&T for GSM version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    I'm sure that before cell phone were invented you could get around just fine..i went without a phone before I got my pre for a week and it was the most liberating thing I could of done no one bother on the way to work or on the way home, or at work just get over it wait for the phone and you won't even remember this happened...
    Did you try doing all the recovery mode tricks to make sure it was not totally dead?
    I think you just got a bad rep has happened to me too just call them again and they will help you they can at least send you a refurb i got mine like 2 days later would have been one but it was 7pm when i called So don't leave sprint just because one small thing sprint has the best pricing and from what i can tell some of the best customer service...