1.    #1  
    Alright, I'm not sure what the limitations of the WebOS browser are, exactly, so I'm not sure which one is causing this issue.

I run a website. I have a web-based administration backend. The site runs everything using SQL, ASP, and PHP. Now, in this administration area, there are several shortcuts along the top of the page to reach different sections. Some of these, when clicked, go straight to that section. Those work fine.

However, others present a pop-down menu when clicked, so you can select the particular group of options or type of actions you want. These do not work correctly in the WebOS browser. Clicking on one of these appears to simply make the page refresh.

Is there a component/patch/program I can add to rectify this shortcoming? Or is there even perhaps another more capable browser program I could choose?
    How are the drop downs generated? Are the javascript menu's?

In general if they aer javascript menu's they should work without any changes, but there are some implementations that won't work in certain browsers, though I'm surprised webkit would be one.

But a little more info would greatly help.
    Is there a chance that those menus need to have a mouse hover over them to expand? Since you can't actually hover, you click on it. Try it on your browser and click on the header-- it should refresh if it requires a hover. The site is working fine but the menus are probably designed for a mouse.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  4.    #4  
    OK, to answer the first, I don't honestly know how they are generated. I'm not familiar with how the elements work under the hood because I didn't write the code, only modify the visual elements.

TIWizard - Ah, yes, good observation. It doesn't quite refresh when I click on it on my computer, but it doesn't open, of course. But yes, the menus are activated by hovering with the mouse. So the real question is, how can I emulate that input on the Pre?
    PHP and SQL are both backend based systems. PHP produces server generated HTML code, and SQL is a database. From the small amount of information you're giving, my suspicion is that it's an ASP issue. ASP works best on Explorer, but without more information, it's just a guess. What's the URL?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    PHP and SQL are both backend based systems. PHP produces server generated HTML code, and SQL is a database. From the small amount of information you're giving, my suspicion is that it's an ASP issue. ASP works best on Explorer, but without more information, it's just a guess. What's the URL?
    I could give it to you, but it's hardly going to do any good without you being able to log in. It IS the backend control panel to a site after all, and a store no les, so I'd be a fool to allow anyone else access.

That said, as noted, it's a matter of somehow getting the WebOS broswer to read an action as "hovering" on the link that makes the menu show up, instead of simply clicking. I don't know if that's possible, though.
    Interesting, I've got a couple menu's that are hover activated that simply expand when clicked on, so they work with the pre just fine. It's really a code issue on the menu more than the pre.

Decent development would have included a method to activate the menu via just clicking on it, too bad they didn't.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    Interesting, I've got a couple menu's that are hover activated that simply expand when clicked on, so they work with the pre just fine. It's really a code issue on the menu more than the pre.

Decent development would have included a method to activate the menu via just clicking on it, too bad they didn't.
    Well, it's also early 2000s code base as well. I know I bought a copy of the software in 2003. I'm working on moving to a newer, more robust system, but this is what I have to keep using meantime.