Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Please Help?!?!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm using Rob's UK -58 with Govnah set on Screenstate 500/800 profile. Amazing combo, forget about the awesome speed... talk about the increased battery life. I do have the logging levels set to minimal (##5647) and few other Linuxhead apps installed (Nano, OpenSSH, Nginx, etc.), but the rest of the phone is stock with no patches applied (except Jason's 4x4 v1).
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I would suggest a battery pull, but I've never had that problem myself. So I can't honestly say. If no other option, I would pull and try again. Perhaps with a different kernel.
    that's just my opinion, you may wish for others advice as well
    okay i use gov and uber so do i have to delete both of them before the update or only uber ? and after i delete them i have to install the recovery kernal right?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I'm using Rob's UK -58 with Govnah set on Screenstate 500/800 profile. Amazing combo, forget about the awesome speed... talk about the increased battery life..

I tried putting the speed down to 250/800 but I got less battery life. I dont know why that is, but I did put it back to 500/800
    OMG I just installed the latest warthog kernel and it works excellent! I can't say how much I can recommend this program. I like it alot more then the uberkernel w/800mhz.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Glad you like it. Just remember running at 1 Ghz will kill ur battery FAST, especially if ur heavy user. My advice is to find a happy medium on the Kernel so that ur Battery doesn't die down inside of 1 - 2 hours.

I Hope that I was able to be of help?

why don't you thank Rod Whitby n Unipsycho for such a great product.

If you have anymore Questions or Comments let Us know, The Precentral Community is here to help eachother.
    Last edited by TOOLEY; 07/01/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I tried putting the speed down to 250/800 but I got less battery life. I dont know why that is, but I did put it back to 500/800
    ....google "race to idle"....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Glad you like it. Just remember running at 1 Ghz will kill ur battery FAST, especially if ur heavy user. My advice is to find a happy medium on the Kernel so that ur Battery doesn't die down inside of 1 - 2 hours.
    ...some alpha testers of F105 are reporting improved battery life AND lower avg cpu temps.... Juss sayin...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by vincey2kr1 View Post
    OMG I just installed the latest warthog kernel and it works excellent! I can't say how much I can recommend this program. I like it alot more then the uberkernel w/800mhz.
    ...not everyone is ready for alpha testing....the test kernels best features will end up in future uberk anywa...ie compcache...looks like F105 has found something that is really improving the OC experience....
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    really, I was unaware. The only problem that I had with F105 is that if I set the speed to anything but the 1 Ghz, I could not change it back later through Govnah. I'm sure this has been addressed in a update for F105.

For myself I simply think Warthog is the Most simplisct and works best for me.

Thanks for the news.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ....google "race to idle"....

Wait...So I should not even have it at 500?

SO, If I have it at 1ghz or 800 its better for the battery??
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vincey2kr1 View Post
    OMG I just installed the latest warthog kernel and it works excellent!

Is the warthog kernel & the F105 only on the testing alpha preware feed?
    Wait...So I should not even have it at 500?

SO, If I have it at 1ghz or 800 its better for the battery??
    When the phone is asleep (i.e. Screen off, and not performing any background tasks), the clock frequency is 0MHz, cause the processor goes into a low power state where the clocks are stopped. This is independent of all other frequency settings.

How often it comes out of this state, and for how long, determines your battery usage attributable to the CPU.

Not that some governors (like ondemand) actually periodically wake up the cpu just to check whether it should be speeding up or slowing down the clock. This usually causes more battery drain than it saves.

Leaving Govnah running with a 1 second poll rate, or having a patch or battery monitor app checking the temperature will also wake up the processor to perform that task, using power every time it happens.

However, note that the power draws of the modem and screen backlight usually swamp the CPU power draw.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When the phone is asleep (i.e. Screen off, and not performing any background tasks), the clock frequency is 0MHz, cause processor goes into a low power state where the clocks are stopped.

How often it comes out of this state, and for how long, determines your battery usage attributable to the CPU. However, not that the power draws of the modem and screen backlight usually swamp the CPU power draw.

-- Rod
    Thanx..But I have tried a few speeds..and even Idle I get battery drain. I got alot more battery drain at the 250/800 setting then I did at the 500/800 setting.

I am just trying to find a way to get much more battery power. I would like it to last a day at least.
    Thanx..But I have tried a few speeds..and even Idle I get battery drain. I got alot more battery drain at the 250/800 setting then I did at the 500/800 setting.

I am just trying to find a way to get much more battery power. I would like it to last a day at least.
    What you think is idle is often not idle.

Checking mail, facebook, twitter, etc in the background with the screen off all wake up the processor ...

If those things take much longer to complete at 250MHz, then the processor and modem are both going to be awake longer, and may end up using more power as a result.

If the periodic schedule for checking your email happens to line up perfectly with the schedule for checking facebook, then the processor and modem will be asleep longer between checks. If they are on opposite schedules, the processor and modem will use twice as much power. It's random chance which happens ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/01/2010 at 08:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    What you think is idle is often not idle.

Checking mail, facebook, twitter, etc in the background with the screen off all wake up the processor ...

If those things take much longer to complete at 250MHz, then the processor and modem are both going to be awake longer, and may end up using more power as a result.

-- Rod

So, is it best to have to phone at 1ghz or 800 permanently? Or 500/800?
    So, is it best to have to phone at 1ghz or 800 permanently? Or 500/800?
    That depends on what exactly your particular phone is doing.

Trying to draw generalisations about this stuff is futile ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    That depends on what exactly your particular phone is doing.

Trying to draw generalisations about this stuff is futile ...

-- Rod
    That makes sense.. Well I guess I am talking about when its "idile" I have it checking for Email every hour. I dont have alot of text messages coming in, so it sits doing nothing (at least I think its doing nothing) for at least 45mins-1hour.

I read the race to idle and that why I thought I might be better to be at 1ghz or at least 800 all the time.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Yes only in the Testing Feeds are these available, for more information please see my post on page 5. It's a step by step Guide.

Remember use at Ur own risk
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast