Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yep it will TMC with two 3-D games running... I guess I'm just not that ADHD to need two 3-D games or 5 different apps and a 3-D game all going at the same time.

I get the whole mult-tasking thing and can see two or even three apps being used interchangeably but there is a reasonable limit and expectation from a device like this and I have been running just fine without TMC in all of my normal use patterns for nearly a year.

I know I will eventually have the compcache features when it gets added to UK but until then I am really just fine. I just wanted to make clear that not everyone on Sprint Pre's have a TMC problem.
    Okay, that's great and all, but if I'm running Scoop, use that to pop open the original page, and then can't get a twitter notification because of TMC errors (why I've dropped TweetMe), then I call that reasonable use and the Sprint Pre cannot keep up. I can close everything and try to start Glyder 2 or Smiles, and there won't be enough memory available. I'm glad you have the Super Pre or whatever, but I got TMC doing very little lifting and I'm glad this kernal is out so I don't have to Luna restart my phone after using the browser, or Twitter, or in order to play a game (which might still require a full 3 minute phone restart).

Even Bad Kitty runs faster using this kernel, it really has made such a difference in the usability and speed of my phone. Love it. I have the F102 and don't really miss Govnah or anything, so I'll be chilling with this until Uberkernal/Govnah does something absolutely necessary that I have to switch for.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'm glad you have the Super Pre or whatever, but I got TMC doing very little lifting .
    I am glad I don't have the issue like others and equally glad somebody found a better memory management tool to help folks like you who don't get reasonable memory management from your phone.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    I am going to return my HTC Evo and go back to my Palm pre and I was wondering what over clock kernel is the best? I would like to over clock it to 720MHz or so, and keep it on webOS 1.4.1.1. So, which is the best? Also, is there an application where I can change the clock speed easily?

I have an original Sprint pre.

Just curious. why are you coming back to the palm pre from sprint? I am planning on getting the EVO and i have the palm pre from sprint.
    I cant seem to remember what the command line is to check the processor speed, can someone please enlighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarcow View Post
    I cant seem to remember what the command line is to check the processor speed, can someone please enlighten me.
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Thank you very much good sir, I was actually giving myself a headache from trying to find that information!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarcow View Post
    Thank you very much good sir, I was actually giving myself a headache from trying to find that information!
    No problem, for some reason it's stuck in my head and is not coming out.
    I just installed F104 running at 125/800 yesterday and it was so easy, and the results are amazing!! Thanks to everyone involved!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaul420 View Post
    I just installed F104 running at 125/800 yesterday and it was so easy, and the results are amazing!! Thanks to everyone involved!

Do you find any difference in running F104 at 125/800 and F102 that runs 500/800

I could not get the F104 to run on my AT&T Pre+ It would just stay stuck on the lowest min setting all the time, even when the screen was on.

I would like to get this working, if in fact 120/800 or even 250/800 has any better benefits than 500/800
    I love the evo! My friends switch from palm pre's on sprint to the HTC evo and i love that thing! But i wouldn't switch over to it (the incredible is equivelant on my verizon network) because i too love webOS and the thing is just way too big. it's a cool toy and fun to play with periodically but i dont think it's for me.
    thanks for posting this. i'm trying to test out uberkernel and govnah now.
    F105 ThuderCheif

I love Screenstate 500/1005. My phone is faster than ever and the temps aren't high at all.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    F105 ThuderCheif

I love Screenstate 500/1005. My phone is faster than ever and the temps aren't high at all.
    Where did you pick that one up?
    All the latest kernels are in the Preware kernel alpha testing feed.

If you're using one from somewhere outside of Preware, it's out of date.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    what was that kernels testing feed by the way? i cant seem to find it again to add it tp preware. i love the f104 , never tmc errors anymore.
    I love both the Uber and F104 compache. I finally made the switch to the F104 when the TMC errors kept coming up. Regardless of which one is chosen they are both great. The F104 has been awesome so far and I havent gotten one TMC error and I'm able to open many more cards with no problems. I personally prefer the F104 for a Sprint pre.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    I love both the Uber and F104 compache. I finally made the switch to the F104 when the TMC errors kept coming up. Regardless of which one is chosen they are both great. The F104 has been awesome so far and I havent gotten one TMC error and I'm able to open many more cards with no problems. I personally prefer the F104 for a Sprint pre.
    have you tried the alpha uberkernel? Has compcache, but with a different implementation than F104.... Doesn't just eliminate tmc, changes the way the os handles it. Been using on my sprint pre and I love it, even at stock frequency.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    have you tried the alpha uberkernel? Has compcache, but with a different implementation than F104.... Doesn't just eliminate tmc, changes the way the os handles it. Been using on my sprint pre and I love it, even at stock frequency.
    Not sure what the alpha uberkernel is. If it was the same one in preware, I was using it a week and a half ago and then made the switch to F104. I know that they all work together closely (Unixpsycho and preware), and I fully admit that both kernels are great. If they have indeed updated the Uber then I will probably switch back. Regardless, I think what these guys do is amazing.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Cool advice which I was looking for earlier.I have got the new Plam Pre just a few days before so I m little bit confused about its features.
    I'm using the Warthog kernel from Preware. I was apprehensive at first, especially with my Night mode that keeps the screen on all night, but I remembered I could just set the brightness to 0% to clock down to 500mhz.

I honestly find it hard to believe my phone is running at 1005mhz. You guys are crazy :-)
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast