Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    @hold_hatch,i feel the same way since I have been using the Compcache Kernel.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    lol... remember guys (and girls)...he's just coming back to the device and while the F102 and F104 are great kernals, keeping it easy and stable in the beginning is the best. There's no doubt that the newer kernals are incredible (amazing even), but I figured the Uber/Govnah combo is the easiest to get his feet wet.

Also you can install Uber/Govnah from Preware ... @ the moment you can no do that with F102/F104
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    @hold_hatch,i feel the same way since I have been using the Compcache Kernel.

The problem with Compacache Kernel is for me it does not seem to play nice with Govnah. I set the F104 for 250min - 720/800 max screenstate and it seem to stay in 250.

I am using F102 at the moment, I would like to be able to put it down to 250 (Although I dont know if it makes any difference with 250 or 500)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    The problem with Compacache Kernel is for me it does not seem to play nice with Govnah. I set the F104 for 250min - 720/800 max screenstate and it seem to stay in 250.

I am using F102 at the moment, I would like to be able to put it down to 250 (Although I dont know if it makes any difference with 250 or 500)

The F102 isn't designed for that state.. use the F104 kernal which the use of the Govnah is recommended.
    I have never really had any of the problems you guys have had I use uber and its been great I can under clock and over clock how ever i see fit and just is rock solid... I would go with Uber...
    I am running the Govnah/Uber-Kernel combo right now and is working fine. I never have had the TMC error on my Pre. After the next update I am going to try the F102 kernel and see how it works but right now I don't see any point in installing and having to remove it when the OTA updates comes in the near future.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The F102 isn't designed for that state.. use the F104 kernal which the use of the Govnah is recommended.

I know that LOL... I was just saying I am using the F102

But would like the F104 that does not get stuck on 250mhz whether the screen is on or off

Also, was wondering if having it at 250mhz min instead of 500mhz min, made any difference.
    Ahhh... gotcha now
    Both F102 and F104 have worked perfectly and my perspective better then anything else...since my wife and I using each nolonger get TMC error which before were too frequent.

Please note, the problems we had with Uberkernal were probably related to my own inexperience and lack of knowledge, but F102 was a nobrainer and has been 110%.

Yes!!! Thanks Unixphsyco, Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    buy far the F102 has been the best. I have used the .sh, IPK, superprekernel & uber with both CPUscaler & govnah. The .sh & IPK were great but no longer developed. The rest have screen freezes & heat issues, along with delayed wake ups from screen off. These problems are only experienced occasionally, yet they do happen. Not once have I had a single problem with F102. Thanks Unixphsyco.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Is there any way to have the screen state automatically switch to 800/500 when my Pre boots up? I often forget to open Govnah and switch the profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomp26 View Post
    Is there any way to have the screen state automatically switch to 800/500 when my Pre boots up? I often forget to open Govnah and switch the profile.
    I thought it already did that automagically?
    I've been using Uber/Govnah set to screen state and have been extremely happy. My phone runs far snappier than my wife's Pre (stock kernel).

I've never had any TMC errors (have a verizon pre-plus), but i think for original pre's, that is the big draw of the compache kernels.

I am not an expert with this stuff, so being able to installl via preware was a big factor in my choice. I also set it to 250/800 (though i'm not sure my pre ever drops below 500 as others have indicated). I might switch after the OS upgrade just for the ability to underclock, but that will depend on the status of both kernels at that point.

Thanks to the developers of all these kernels for all your hard work.
    IMHO, for speed and stability, UberKernel + Govnah is best.

For memory issues, F102 is best. But IMHO, it's performance isn't as smooth as UK. It's more staccato due to the extra cpu cycles needed to compress/uncompress RAM. (IMHO.)
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I tried the UberKernal+Govnah for a month or so, but in my experience it wasn't very stable and didn't see the performance gains that I got with the original 800MHz patch (that thing was awesome!) by uNiXpSyChO. With the UK+G I was constantly getting wake problems and restarts which in the end just wasn't worth having to put up with. Also, it seems like development on it has all but stopped, which leads me to wonder how much the WebOS crew really dug it.

I'm willing to try F102/4, but I think I'll wait until 1.4.5 drops before I go to the effort.
    I use Super Pre kernel since it's last stable release and i've been very happy with it. I OC to 800 mhz on my sprint pre.

welcome back!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    If you have a Sprint Pre... let's face it... you're getting the TMC error message somehow, somewhere, if not all the time like I was.

I was running the Uber kernel and while the speed was great, I was getting the TMC error, sometimes up to 4-5 times a day! Talk about killing the webOS experience!

Via the forums, I got turned on to the compcache F104 kernel. It is awesome!

No more TMC errors ever! And the same stability and speed of the uber kernel. I don't know how this magic works... it just does. (Oh, it let me open between 20 to 30 cards/apps at the same time... which I'd never been able to do before in the 10 months I'd had my Sprint Pre!)

Hope this helps someone like it did me.
    As most agree, I also like uber kernel with govnah. The first 800mhz overclock has been removed & I still see the effects of not removing that before a forced upgrade to 1.4.1. But that was my fault & I knew the risk. The effects from that are that I can't use universal search for contacts and I can't forward swipe to move forward to a web page that i've already viewed. I'm also having trouble doctoing it to get back to a stock pre and start over. From what I understand this should not be an issue with uber/govnah. I love the devs & appreciate greatly what they do. They've made my phone so much better so I can really enjoy webos.
    i'd recommend uber/govnah combo if u dont use alot of pdk apps. if you do use pdk, go with f104/govnah
    +1 for F102.. it is awesome indeed.
    I think HelloNNNewman is wise and correct, start with Uber/Gov and get afeel for them while reading up on the new ones. Myself, that's what i've been using with great success. Now after reading this thread I may try the F102 knowing I can fall back on the tried and true UBR. Welcome back from the darkside. Good Luck. Looking forward to your review. My wife just got the Hero
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast