1.    #1  
    It's happened about 4 or 5 times, it'll randomly shut off, and sometimes I don't even know it did which could be bad because I could be missing important calls... Anyone know what causes this? I also have a yellow spot on the left bottom corner of my screen
    I had an old Blackberry Pearl 8130 a few ago. It had some water damage, but dried out.

Over time the screen turned Green/Yellow on the edges where the water didn't dry out. Maybe the battery contacts are dirty or corroded. Maybe the battery is loose?

Just some thoughts....
    I would take the phone back over the screen issue, but make sure you have no homebrew apps or patches on it first. Also Ive seen a few threads here and it seems that leaving dev mode on has caused an issue with this a few times.
    Global Posts
    1,405 Global Posts
    My Pre is from Verizon and it does the same thing. Have no clue why it does this.
    i think the phone turning off is from the battery, on the original pre the battery was a tad too small and when closing the slider it would move out of place and thus turn off. the yellow blotch is from overheating, return it, get a new one or refurb, i did. if the reps at your ATT store aren't thickheaded morons then you should be fine with patches, but i like to remove them just in case, homebrew apps you shouldn't need to worry about.