1.    #1  
    I need help with mobil broadband usage. I need an app that can keep track of my usage in something close to real time. The only way I have to seee how much I have used is by asking Verizon via phone/web. These numbers that they give me are dated and DAYS! OLD!!!!! I need something a lot closer to accual usage in a realtime type setting. Any idea folks?....Need a little help went to 5.6 Gig last month cost me an extra 40.00 that I could have spent on a app watching what I was doing.
    Dial #3282. (DATA) It sends you a text of your phone data usage and your Mobile Hotspot data usage. It's usually only a few hours behind from the actual data usage.
  3.    #3  
    for some reason mine is DAYS behind.....I am still looking at the 9th on my data right now....
    If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing that caused you to use over 5 GB of data on mobile broadband?

I consider myself a heavy internet user and I don't go anywhere near the 5 GB limit. We have two computers on the connection almost 24 hours per day, play a few online games, download application updates, and just generally browse and use the internet.

Are you torrenting or something?
    netstat patch in preware is what you need
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1012 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing that caused you to use over 5 GB of data on mobile broadband?

I consider myself a heavy internet user and I don't go anywhere near the 5 GB limit. We have two computers on the connection almost 24 hours per day, play a few online games, download application updates, and just generally browse and use the internet.

Are you torrenting or something?
    You may consider yourself a heavy user but you most certainly are not. If you think 5GB a month is a lot. It would be a lot just to use on the phone alone.
    5GB a month comes to roughly 150 megs per day. When used as a Wifi Hotspot that pitiful amount goes very quickly. NO videos, no software downloads besides updates, no audio streaming.

Just a desktop and a laptop and usage has to be rationed off to make it last the month.

If some one were downloading music and videos they would easily use up this 5GB in less than week.

Just so you know.
    get a real internet connection? BTW I can crack 3 gigs in a month on my phone alone (sprint phone without tethering). I am truly a heavy user, and this counts some usage on my home wifi (that doesn't count towards the 3ish gigs I have used).

I use the hell outta my phone, ohh and sprint may not have built in tethering, but the data usage is up to date when I check it.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    No real internet available iin my area.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the input guys.....I am out of the normal modes of internet.....I live on campus at a VA for dissabled Vets.....I torrent music for the guys to put on MP3's and I blew through 5 gigs in about 10 days.......(To answer questions on why I can't get it and why I am using so much) THANK YOU HACHETTJACK.....All I needed was the solution not the commentarry...
  10.    #10  
    I can not find the netstat patch?......I have the web OS quick install but I don't see it?.....where should I go to find it what site?
    It's actually an app. I've seen it in Preware and I'm sure it's in WOSQI too.
  12.    #12  
    can someone send me a link to get this!?.....This is what I started out looking for and can't find it on pre-ware. I have web OS quick install loaded and it works as well as the patches. I just can't find this bloody Netstat patch....LMAO...PLZ help
  13.    #13  
    can't find it under preware?....is it under homebrew apps? or something else?
  14.    #14  
    found and installed the bloody thing It has a sytax error on it though?!!!!
  15.    #15  
    badly formed json string?!!!!Aghhhhh
  16.    #16  
    Got it but it is non functional.....a JSON string syntax error?....I tried re-installing same thing...
    Just in case others are looking for it, here is the link to the Netstat application.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...nitor-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by spier696 View Post
    I need help with mobil broadband usage. I need an app that can keep track of my usage in something close to real time. The only way I have to seee how much I have used is by asking Verizon via phone/web. These numbers that they give me are dated and DAYS! OLD!!!!! I need something a lot closer to accual usage in a realtime type setting. Any idea folks?....Need a little help went to 5.6 Gig last month cost me an extra 40.00 that I could have spent on a app watching what I was doing.
    guess its bad idea to say I did 30 gigs in one month using my tether
    my bill is 700 over due to data usage and I have a data plan.. Why did I get charged so much?