1.    #1  
    Please Help!

I go into gmail.com and log in. I hit talk and it says loading contacts for about a minute, then I get a message that says NO CONTACTS. I was able to use chat on gmail before with my phone. But now I can't. I've cleared my history, cache and cookies several times. I even reset the phone. I can use chat on my computer and other phones just not my palm pre. Again please help.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cena0421 View Post
    Please Help!

I go into gmail.com and log in. I hit talk and it says loading contacts for about a minute, then I get a message that says NO CONTACTS. I was able to use chat on gmail before with my phone. But now I can't. I've cleared my history, cache and cookies several times. I even reset the phone. I can use chat on my computer and other phones just not my palm pre. Again please help.
    Any reason you don't just use the built in messaging app? I do it that way, and have had no trouble at all. I haven't tried gtalk via the web browser though, so I can't opine on why you might be having an issue doing it that way.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't been able to use that. No idea how to use it.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to use that. No idea how to use it.
    Let's see if I can help with that. Open the Messaging App, and then tap on the word Messaging in the upper left corner. From the drop down list that pops up, select Preferences & Accounts. Next select Add IM Account, and then select Google Talk. From there, just follow the prompts for your username, password, etc. Once your account is set up, go to the Buddies screen by tapping the word Buddies at the top of screen where there are two tabs - one for Buddies and one for Conversations. Then tap the button that says Offline next to it, and select Available to sign in and show others you are available to chat. The only thing I'd suggest is that you click Available again and choose Sign Off when are done chatting so as not to drain your battery too quickly (the messaging app is a battery drain ). Then, whenever you want to be available for chat again, just sign back in by clicking Offline again (the account info will already be saved in the app, so no need to re-input it all again). I hope this helps. Any problems, just post back.
  5.    #5  
    So the Messaging App is the envelope? Sorry not sure where that is on my phone.
    The messaging app on your phone looks like two little chat bubbles together... and should say 'messaging'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/12/2010 at 03:15 PM.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    So the Messaging App is the envelope? Sorry not sure where that is on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The messaging app on your phone looks like two little chat bubbles together... and should say 'messaging'.
    As HelloNNNewman indicated, you can find the Messaging App on your launcher screen by looking for that icon labeled Messaging. You can also bring it up without looking through your launcher screens by typing IM (which stands for Instant Messaging) on your keyboard, and then the phone will pop up the Messaging App icon for you to tap to launch it.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks found it. So there is nothing in my buddy list. Do I have to put them in manually.
  9.    #9  
    Just found my buddies. Thanks for the help.