Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    It seems that I can not get my pre to work with the doctor.

• I have an AT&T Pre+

• Webos Doctor - Using version 1.4.2 (AT&T's version)

• Dev mode on

It will register that I have the phone connected, get all the way to checking the battery charge. Then say phone has been disconnected

I dont know what I am doing wrong. Also is there another way to doctor/fix my phone so that its brand new?

I wanted to install the new Compcache kernel, so I was going to doctor it and start from scratch to give it a fresh start.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 06/12/2010 at 09:43 AM.
    Have you got dev mode turned on?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Have you got dev mode turned on?
    Yup, like I edited above, it register, get all the way to checking the battery charge, then give me an error that the phone was disconnected(when is was not)

Guess I can try a full erase again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Yup, like I edited above, it register, get all the way to checking the battery charge, then give me an error that the phone was disconnected(when is was not)

Guess I can try a full erase again
    Doctor to me suggests a service is cutting it off such as nova or you simply don't have enough battery.
    But as for installing comcache, if you previously used any other kernal then make sure it is uninstalled, you can install the recovery kernal from preware and then you can install comcache onto it.
    Just a word of warning though, we are expecting webOS updates soon so it should not be long before you have to remove it again, but if your ok with thaa then ignore me.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Doctor to me suggests a service is cutting it off such as nova or you simply don't have enough battery.
    Wel I will fully charge the phone, then try again.. What is this nova service, and how can I check to see what service may be cutting it off?
    Novacom is what runs on the pc when you have your pre plugged in. If you have windows vista or 7, just open the start menu and in the search box type service, open the services (should have little cogs next to it). Then scroll down the list to the N's, you should see novacom running when you have your pre plugged in, run the doctor and see if it knocks itself off at the point where it says device unconnected.
    If your any other computer OS just find where services are and do the same.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I uninstalled everything (Thought the full erase would do it) then Doctor worked.

You have to make sure EVERYTHING is uninstalled (themes, some patches, kernals)

Also make sure you pre is very close to a full battery.

Thats how I finally got my pre to the Doctor.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 06/12/2010 at 01:17 PM.
    I know what todo, 1. Turn off your pre, 2. Connect the pre to the wall charger and switch it on while holding the volume up button. You should now see a big usb image on the screen. 3. Plug the usb in your computer and your are good to go.
    Last edited by tony222; 06/12/2010 at 05:56 PM.