Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You know we have been suffering a long time with the TMC error on our phone. The devs has created a kernel call Compcache,which eleminates the tmc error while having multiple application in use at the same time. I'm using mobile P/C at this time,so I can't copy and paste the link. The link can be found by typing compcache in the search box... Your palm pre will feel and perform like a pre plus.
    Last edited by rush; 06/12/2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Changing the title..
    I put jstop in so long ago and I maybe see tmc once a month now.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Somebody posted this in another thread the other day and since I installed it, my Pre has been incredible! It runs smoothly and I don't get the tmc error anymore.
    Why would you need to make another thread about the compache kernel when there is already a thread about it. I don't understand the logic behind this, I also don't see why you made this "for Sprint palm pre users..." as the kernel is available for all Palm Pre devices.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  5.    #6  
    @demetry,let me shed some light on the reason of my thread,and why my title states palm pre users.

First,not everyone on this forum knows about Compcache Kernel,sometime people see the name kernel or experimental @ the end of a posted thread,and assumed it's just another kernel about overclocking. They don't even spend time to read it. Sprint palm pres' and others are the ones with limited ram,that prevent the phones to achieve it's capabilities. Palm pre plus don't. This is my thread to informed customers using the palm pres'. If people take more time reading the post the logic would be more explainable. (note) I'm not being sarcastic or rude to anyone,just explaining my actions. Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by rush; 06/15/2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: correcting an error!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    My O2 UK Palm Pre is as limited as a Sprint user.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    My O2 UK Palm Pre is as limited as a Sprint user.
    lol, I almost forget that not only sprint palm pre is limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    First,not everyone on this forum knows about Compcache Kernel,sometime people see the name kernel @ the end of a posted thread,and assumed it's just another kernel about overclocking,and don't even spend time to read it. Sprint palm pres' are the ones with limited ram.....
    You couldn't be more right. (well, except the part where O2 and a couple others have short RAM as well)

I gave up on all the OC stuff before the Uber Kernel even came out because I was still restricted in how many cards I could launch, and still had to reboot before playing any PDK games if my phone had been on for a while.

This kernel is amazing. The OC component is a nice touch, but it's the memory handling that makes it AMAZING for non-Plus model users. Had this thread not been created, I might never have noticed this new kernel.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I run the Govnah and Uberkernel currently, though I don't activate the high speed all that much.

Can I ALSO run the Compcache Kernel at the same time? Can they / should they be activated at the same time?

Thanks Rush for posting, I agree with your logic.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  10.    #11  
    @jdod, I wouldn't recommend running two or more kernels at the same time. Make sure to completely disable any current kernel,before applying compcache. Enjoy.

(update on performance of compcache) fifty plus application running including nfs game,which was impossible to play while having more than say... five to seven application. I didn't thought this was possible.
    Last edited by rush; 06/12/2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Put enable instead of disable.. My bad!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    @jdod, I wouldn't recommend running two or more kernels at the same time. Make sure to completely enable any current kernel,before applying compcache. Enjoy.
    Did you mean to say, "completely dissable"?

I can have Uberkernel and Compcache installed, just only 1 active at a time?

Can you elaborate?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I see now at the link above, must uninstall UK first.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    That was a mistake in using enable. Hope you did uninstall any kernel prior to using compcache. Have a good day..and enjoy compcache as much as I do. :-)
    maybe one of the mods could change the name of this thread to 'this thread is for non pre+ users'
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Correct, you can have only one installed at a time. Make sure you uninstall any previous OC kernel before installing another.
    @ Rush

You know we have both been at this for a while Rush, all the way back to the first .sh Overclock solution.

What I find interesting is that I also have a Sprint Pre and from the beginning almost never get TMC. The other day I saw a thread on it and thought I would try to make it happen. I had been running my Pre all day and had just been in the app catalog installing updates to my apps and checked Preware for any updates, so I figured I could get TMC by just attempting to launch any 3d game.

I launched Deer Hunter, no TMC, Super KO 2, no TMC and Heroes or Sparta, no TMC.

In fact the last time I forced a TMC was when I read a thread about how many browser pages someone could open before TMC. I got 47 and that wasn't even with a clean resart.

I have never ran JStop and have been OC'd forever (Currently UK at 800 performance min/max).

So it is just interesting how not everyone on the Pre (not Pre Plus) has the same issues with TMC.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 06/12/2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammar
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    maybe one of the mods could change the name of this thread to 'this thread is for non pre+ users'
    I hope so because I can't seem to change it..
  18.    #19  
    @pastorrich,wow if I had a pre like that... I wouldn't need anything else on it. Oops! Maybe some patches.. Lol. Regardless if I use fifty application @ one time or not,i just want my phone to have that capability. You know what I mean!
    Thanks for this thread, wouldn't have known about it without it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast