Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    So unixpsycho it's you who deserv my gratitude and a round of appluse.

However when the 1.4.5 uppdate arrives do I need to remove the kernel or is it simply written over by the uppdate? I bet there are others out there who like to know as well.

// Beca
    I'm pretty sure you need to uninstall the compcache kernal before an update. But you might want to check into the compcache thread for a definitive answer.
    Thanks, Rush, for the referal. It seems to work very well.
    honestly its better that alot of people don't know about that kernel. because all that i've seen in that thread after a bunch of people found out about it was repeat posts. im not saying that everyone shouldn't have the ability to use the kernel, but when they use it and not everything works, or if one thing doesn't work, they go and post before even reading thru the thread to see that all of their questions have been answered multiple times.

edit -- Also, i'd probably be better to keep it away from certain users until it is fully stable and able to be installed through preware...
    Last edited by brennan7; 06/16/2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: vbjhdkslav
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    honestly its better that alot of people don't know about that kernel. because all that i've seen in that thread after a bunch of people found out about it was repeat posts. im not saying that everyone shouldn't have the ability to use the kernel, but when they use it and not everything works, or if one thing doesn't work, they go and post before even reading thru the thread to see that all of their questions have been answered multiple times.

edit -- Also, i'd probably be better to keep it away from certain users until it is fully stable and able to be installed through preware...
    If there is a large number of the same questions being asked maybe an FAQ should be created, I think you will find on any forum that when a thread reaches above 10 pages not every post is going to be read by every person...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #85  
    Brenan-

I agree and disagree..
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If there is a large number of the same questions being asked maybe an FAQ should be created, I think you will find on any forum that when a thread reaches above 10 pages not every post is going to be read by every person...
    Forums are the wrong places to be searching for information anyway.

The information should be on a wiki page, where it can be kept up to date by multiple people in the community. A forum 1st post can only be edited by one person, and that rarely happens a month after the thread starts.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Forums are the wrong places to be searching for information anyway.

The information should be on a wiki page, where it can be kept up to date by multiple people in the community. A forum 1st post can only be edited by one person, and that rarely happens a month after the thread starts.

-- Rod
    If we can get a wiki setup i'd be more than happy to assist in getting a FAQ set up...
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    If we can get a wiki setup i'd be more than happy to assist in getting a FAQ set up...
    http://www.webos-internals.org/

e.g.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ion:UberKernel
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Govnah

Anyone can create a new page, and are encouraged to do so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #89  
    My question is do we still need jstop or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    it can't hurt
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post

The other question is.. what does jstop do, beside being a task killer
    call me slightly internals-******** or whatnot but
    what is the difference between the F102 and F104. do I need to put in both?
    im gonna stick to F102 for now but for people that dont understand epic amounts of internal words, what exactly does each one do?
    didnt know you couldnt say wetawd. sorry guys
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyJenks View Post
    call me slightly internals-******** or whatnot but
    what is the difference between the F102 and F104. do I need to put in both?
    im gonna stick to F102 for now but for people that dont understand epic amounts of internal words, what exactly does each one do?
    @ no time should you install more than one kernel. The difference between f102 and f104 is that with f102 you don't need govnah to control it. F104 does need govnah for scaling though. F102 is set to screen state min-500 and max-800. I prefer using f102 because the phone performs better with a min of 500mhz,which also is factory settings. I hope this clarify things better for you.
  15.    #95  
    I'm sure by now that most if not all are aware of Compcache kernel. I think I did accomplish what I set out to do.

(Closed)
    Last edited by rush; 06/20/2010 at 02:31 PM.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345