Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    @casiouser,you need to try out jstop as mamouton suggested.
    I wish if this was in Preware.
    I just found out about this patch. I don't run any of the overclocking patches, but I have preware. Do I need anything else besides the F102 patch to make it work?
    yea I just got the F104 running with Govnah on performance....just opened 15 browser cards with no issues....this kernal is niiice!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I just found out about this patch. I don't run any of the overclocking patches, but I have preware. Do I need anything else besides the F102 patch to make it work?
    That's all you need with the F102. Download the file then use webos quickinstall to send it to your phone.
    Last edited by rush; 06/13/2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: word correction.
  6.    #46  
    I hope by now most or all webos users are aware of the kernel: Compcache and what it does for non-plus phones having the Too Many Cards Error. I'm happy to have done my part in spreading the news around the forum. Enjoy! (Thanks to those who made this possible.)

Rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    That's all you need with the F102. Download the file then use preware to send it to your phone.
    You mean use WOSQI to send it, right?
  8.    #48  
    Exactly... I'll fix it in a minute. Good looking out. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    lol, I almost forget that not only sprint palm pre is limited.
    And nobody cares about Bell either.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Has anyone else used Uber Kernal/Govnah & F102?

I have used both, and dont see a difference (AT&T Pre+) Both seem to be just as fast as the other (I have 2 Pre+ testing them side by side).

I know others my have a difference experience, thats why I am asking.
    Think the original Pre would see more difference than the Pre Plus, since these kernel mostly focus on fixing the memory issues with Compcache. That's why you don't see much difference on the Plus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm using f102 kernel,
    it's what i've been waitng for my whole pre-life,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I'm using f102 kernel,
    it's what i've been waitng for my whole pre-life,
    Lol I feel the same way,opening card after card and no too much card error. This is awesome!
    I just installed it this weekend and it performs very well(f104) now my phone is a true multitasker...bye bye tmc error!!!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    why doesn't Palm include this enhancement in there next update?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    And nobody cares about Bell either.
    Yes we do..loving all carriers. (:-)
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    why doesn't Palm include this enhancement in there next update?
    I totally agree. I don't know how these devs does it, but there are amazing. I will be talking to palm about this later on. They (Palm) told me that it was impossible to have the pre performing like the plus due to the limited amount of ram. Guess they were wrong!
    Last edited by rush; 06/14/2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Why would you need to make another thread about the compache kernel when there is already a thread about it. I don't understand the logic behind this, I also don't see why you made this "for Sprint palm pre users..." as the kernel is available for all Palm Pre devices.
    Take a chill pill dude. I only know about this because of this post.

Thanks OP!
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    Take a chill pill dude. I only know about this because of this post.

Thanks OP!
    :-)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    So running compcache, which other programs/kernels would ya'll recommend running with them? Right now I have Govnah and UberKernel on my pre, but still get the too many cards errors, and now sometimes get it more, like when only 1 or 2 apps are running! Just trying to get the best set up i can at the moment for my non-plus pre, and doin all i can to not give up hope on some new hardware in the near future.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast