Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Thanks for this thread, wouldn't have known about it without it.
    You're welcome! This is my main reason for making this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Thanks for this thread, wouldn't have known about it without it.
    Same here. THANKS!!!!
  3.    #23  
    You'll be surprise to find out how many people that aren't aware of this kernel. So I'm spreading the word in my own way. Compcache Rocks!
    Title updated per OP request.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    @ Rush

You know we have both been at this for a while Rush, all the way back to the first .sh Overclock solution.

What I find interesting is that I also have a Sprint Pre and from the beginning almost never get TMC. The other day I saw a thread on it and thought I would try to make it happen. I had been running my Pre all day and had just been in the app catalog installing updates to my apps and checked Preware for any updates, so I figured I could get TMC by just attempting to launch any 3d game.

I launched Deer Hunter, no TMC, Super KO 2, no TMC and Heroes or Sparta, no TMC.

In fact the last time I forced a TMC was when I read a thread about how many browser pages someone could open before TMC. I got 47 and that wasn't even with a clean resart.

I have never ran JStop and have been OC'd forever (Currently UK at 800 performance min/max).

So it is just interesting how not everyone on the Pre (not Pre Plus) has the same issues with TMC.
    in the past i got the tmc error a couple of times , but since i put the super prekernel on my phone i have never had the error come up . which is kool with me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #26  
    @shadavis,mine seem to give me the too many cards error,regardless of which kernel I am using. Now with compcache....this is something different. :-) I love all the oc kernels but this one,this one hit the nail on the head.
    Last edited by rush; 06/12/2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: correction in sentence.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Before this kernel I would have to reboot to play NFL 2010 even if nothing was running. Now I can launch it with the usual 5 or 6 apps I have open. Fantastic.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Before this kernel I would have to reboot to play NFL 2010 even if nothing was running. Now I can launch it with the usual 5 or 6 apps I have open. Fantastic.
    Doesn't it feel good.
    Last edited by rush; 06/12/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I think this kernal is just for non-pre+ phones..

I have a AT&T Pre+ and I have not seen any difference in performance. I have even tested it with other Kernals and the appear to work the same, with the same speed boost.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    You'll be surprise to find out how many people that aren't aware of this kernel. So I'm spreading the word in my own way. Compcache Rocks!
    How do you install it?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    How do you install it?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/243675-compcache-kernel-experimental.html

Go here and follow the instructions.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 06/12/2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Linkified link
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    thanks rush and pipsmith!
    (sorry, hard to thank on mobile version)
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    How do you install it?
    It's easy once you get the link..Pip smith had posted the link. Just download the link and then use preware to add it to your phone. (note) Make sure all other kernels are uninstall prior to installation. If there is any other question please feel free to post them. Good luck and enjoy compcache.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I think this kernal is just for non-pre+ phones..

I have a AT&T Pre+ and I have not seen any difference in performance. I have even tested it with other Kernals and the appear to work the same, with the same speed boost.
    NO... It's for all phones. The thing is that most non-plus phones usually get the too much cards error,while having too much application running at the same time. You said that you don't see any speed difference in using any of these kernels,are you sure you have a kernel install on your phone. The stock palm pre/plus comes with a 500mhz compare to overclocking kernels,which have 800mhz and lower. The difference is noticeable in scrolling,a little more speed,and the overall performance of the device. Try going to webos quickinstall and check your speed. Cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Last edited by rush; 06/12/2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: correction.
    I would still like some kind of Task Management tool so I can see what running in the background to know why I'm getting that TMC notification.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    You said that you don't see any speed difference in using any of these kernels,are you sure you have a kernel install on your phone. The stock palm pre/plus comes with a 500mhz compare to overclocking kernels,which have 800mhz and lower.

Well I mean from other kernals as well. I am trying to test, and see what the difference is between the Uberkernal, and this one.

Also why use this one, or why not use one that you can scale to 250, thereby boosting battery life.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 06/12/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I also wouldn't have known about the Compcache kernel without this thread, and I'm on this forum about all day, everyday. I just bypassed the original, maybe because it has (experimental) in the title. Thanks...
    does this overclock also? (720 and 800)?
  19.    #39  
    I'm not quite sure if it have a 720mhz. 500-800mhz work very well. There isn't that much difference in using either 720mhz or 800mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I would still like some kind of Task Management tool so I can see what running in the background to know why I'm getting that TMC notification.
    Have you tried jstop?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast