1.    #1  
    Just realized how many memo's I have now on my Pre that are very instrumental to my daily life. If I plug the Pre cable into my PC will the memo's get moved to my PC via the sync feature-- than back up my pc folders v(back up to my preback up folder). I understand Palm does not back these up in nightly backup and I cannot get them to Google? Any suggestions appreciated. HP if your reading give us business guys a piece of mind by making it easy to back up this data. Also auto erase if lost on phone would be nice since some of this data is passwords.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I don't know if the process you mention will work or not but the last time I doctored my phone, my memo's were backed up and showed up after doctoring the phone. And one way to make sure you have a record of all your memos, though a little cumbersome if you have a lot of them, is to just email them to yourself.
  3.    #3  
    thanks I not sure what you mean by doctoring since I just use the Palm apps and don't use the homebrew stuff. I like email idea. That would work for sure. Just like to figure out how to back up the ones I have added since I bought phone and moved my treo 755 memo's over--been about 9 months and realized these new additions maynot be backed up
    You can also check out the "Save/REstore" app in preware. Among many other things, this will backup your Memos. However, please note that it just saves it to an HTML file that can be viewed, but is not currently able to restore these yet. However, at least this will all you to ensure you have a back up!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I'm not to sure about backing up the memos but audemars02 suggestion of save/restore is a good one. Will require preware or webos quick install though.
    If you don't want homebrew I think there are other apps in the app store that allow backing up and restore.

By the way Palm already does allow remote erase of data. I would find the page for you but I'm on my pre and its bookmarked on my pc. But if you search palm.com with something like lost phone it should come up.
    Edit:Actually here it is http://www.palm.com/uk/en/products/phones/pre/services.html

Thirdly, webos doctor is not homebrew. It comes officially from Palm and allows you to restore corrupt software. Its page is here http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

And @Zmann, I think your memos were left untouched because the new doctor versions do not touch the usb partition and apps such as memos. If you were to do a full erase I'm pretty sure the memos would not be restored.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydann View Post
    Just realized how many memo's I have now on my Pre that are very instrumental to my daily life. If I plug the Pre cable into my PC will the memo's get moved to my PC via the sync feature-- than back up my pc folders v(back up to my preback up folder). I understand Palm does not back these up in nightly backup and I cannot get them to Google? Any suggestions appreciated. HP if your reading give us business guys a piece of mind by making it easy to back up this data. Also auto erase if lost on phone would be nice since some of this data is passwords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    I don't know if the process you mention will work or not but the last time I doctored my phone, my memo's were backed up and showed up after doctoring the phone. And one way to make sure you have a record of all your memos, though a little cumbersome if you have a lot of them, is to just email them to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    You can also check out the "Save/REstore" app in preware. Among many other things, this will backup your Memos. However, please note that it just saves it to an HTML file that can be viewed, but is not currently able to restore these yet. However, at least this will all you to ensure you have a back up!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'm not to sure about backing up the memos but audemars02 suggestion of save/restore is a good one. Will require preware or webos quick install though.
    If you don't want homebrew I think there are other apps in the app store that allow backing up and restore.

By the way Palm already does allow remote erase of data. I would find the page for you but I'm on my pre and its bookmarked on my pc. But if you search palm.com with something like lost phone it should come up.
    Edit:Actually here it is Palm Pre Phone - Palm Services : Palm UK

Thirdly, webos doctor is not homebrew. It comes officially from Palm and allows you to restore corrupt software. Its page is here http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

And @Zmann, I think your memos were left untouched because the new doctor versions do not touch the usb partition and apps such as memos. If you were to do a full erase I'm pretty sure the memos would not be restored.
    FYI - memos ARE backed up with your profile by the Palm automatic backup.
    The Best way to backup the memos you have right now is to email them to yourself. Super easy to do. (Just click on the memo, swipe down the top left corner of the screen and one of the menu items is email memo, click on that and it will automatically put the memo in an email for you)

I thought memos were backed up in the Palm profile, but don't depend on it. Back up everything, just in case.

And if you use memos for work, then you should seriously look at the more robust alternatives. The default memo app is for simple use. But if you need it for work, then you should really look at a solution like Evernote, Outline Tracker, Notes, Scratch and ClouDocs.

An Easy Bake oven is great for making small tasty littke cakes, but there comes a time when you have to move on to the gas stove. (I've been searching for a metaphor for hours. That's the best I could come up with. Sorry.)