Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Pre and my wife discovered a neat trick. Instead of pressing the button to switch the current app to a card, just swipe up from directly above the button towards the app. This motion will turn the app into a card and you can then swipe it off the screen. Saves pressing the button all the time and seems faster.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Yes I've been doing this for 1 year now to save wear and tear on the button. It's also easier. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre and my wife discovered a neat trick. Instead of pressing the button to switch the current app to a card, just swipe up from directly above the button towards the app. This motion will turn the app into a card and you can then swipe it off the screen. Saves pressing the button all the time and seems faster.
    This is now the official way of getting to card view since the plus versions no longer have a button, they just have an inbuilt led.
    But it took me a while to figure this out after getting my pre.
    But your right, it is definitly a neater way to get to card view.

Edit: I have been shown wrong, plus can be touched in the middle to access card view so ignore me.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/11/2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Wow. I hardly ever have touched the button. Had Pre since June 6th '09.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    This is now the official way of getting to card view since the plus versions no longer have a button, they just have an inbuilt led.
    But it would took me a while to figure this out after getting my pre.
    But your right, it is definitly a neater way to get to card view.
    That LED is a capacitive button that performs the same function. See this video...
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I still use the button. Up swiping on the Pre is not my favorite thing. The number of times I've accidentally popped up to card view when I'm trying to go forward of back...blargh. I still use the launcher button in the wave bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    That LED is a capacitive button that performs the same function. See this video... [url= - Palm Pre Plus Review[/url]
    Thank you for correcting me. I was totally unaware of this. I was almost certain that I read it was not capable of this but obviously I was dreaming things up in my head again.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I still use the button. Up swiping on the Pre is not my favorite thing. The number of times I've accidentally popped up to card view when I'm trying to go forward of back...blargh. I still use the launcher button in the wave bar.
    I also use the button. Its easier and faster IMO. Palm eliminated the button because of hardware issues. Remember the cracks around that button...this was the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Thank you for correcting me. I was totally unaware of this. I was almost certain that I read it was not capable of this but obviously I was dreaming things up in my head again.
    Thats ohk...I had to double check. Dieter uses the upswipe in his . I guess its a matter of what is most comfortable for you.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Thanks for the tip. I, too, have been doing this since I got my Pre. I used the button once, just to try it. I'm glad it serves as an led for notifications, so at least it is not useless.
    well the button on my pre is practically a virgin. I never thought about using it to close apps. Don't all buttons require one to aim, when it's possible to swipe anywhere in the gesture area.
    When the Pre was first introduced way back in January 09, I believe the button pulled up the launcher directly instead of going to card view. Somewhere along the way they decided to change the function to card view.
    sometimes i like using the button..but thats just me
    I only use the button if my phone starts to freeze up and go slow
    Never use it,but i like it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I love the button. But hey, that's just me. I like buttons.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i knew about the swipe up for card view but it took me 6 months to realize that if you swipe a card down while in card view it makes it big again