Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I've been watching for an article like this for a long time!

iPhone vs. Android vs. webOS: A Counterpoint
    Couldn't agree more. Thanks.
    THAT is just an awesome real UNBIASED review! FINALLY!
    Nice find!!!!

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Perfect.

edit: though wireless charging should've been given its due...
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Great review. I saw a spelling error, which may cause certain people to discredit it, but I am loving the basis for which the comparisons are made. webOS is definitely an OS to catch up to, as evidenced by Google and Apple hiring away the talent Palm used to have.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Love the article..thanks
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    That was nice to see.
    I enjoyed the fact that they understood the position of the underdog.

The author mentions that "forward/back gestures in webOS isn't super intuitive." Most people who use WebOS wish that that was actually implemented into other phones... it's what makes the entire OS flow.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Two questions, One: how do you get lyrics in the music apps? What app provides that and Two: doesn't sprint navigation count as free turn by turn directions, it's not like you can get a plan for the pre that doesn't have it. I think that one should be considered conditional based on the service provider, but if he means android has a turn by turn app regardless of carrier, then I understand.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Everything we already knew. To bad nobody buys palm pre's and the world will never realize what they are missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I enjoyed the fact that they understood the position of the underdog.

The author mentions that "forward/back gestures in webOS isn't super intuitive." Most people who use WebOS wish that that was actually implemented into other phones... it's what makes the entire OS flow.

I just purchased a phone to replace my brother's damaged one. It took me forever to set up as I kept trying to swipe and tap. I got really frustrated...lol. I got him a motorola i680 so you have to use the dialpad for text input. DROVE ME NUTS! I don't know what I'll do if there isn't a webos or some type of similar OS. Other phones look pretty and exciting, but once you use them after webOS, they just aren't FUN anymore. I like the hardware specs of the motorola i1 tho. MONSTER GLASS!! If I could get webOS on that with a physical keyboard and good processor, I'd be in heaven.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    It took me forever to set up as I kept trying to swipe and tap. I got really frustrated...lol. I got him a motorola i680 so you have to use the dialpad for text input. DROVE ME NUTS!
    I hear ya man. Every time I spend any time with Android or iPhone, I get so frustrated. I try to swipe sideways, try to open an app while running another one, try to move around, and it is SO inferior. I get frustrated with WebOS, too, when it can't do things it should, like visual voice mail. It's a matter of functionality vs. elegance and UI, and for now, I still prefer using WebOS. I think if I switched to Android, I would miss the way I navigate around.
    A lot of this review is just a bunch of non sense. I want to go into deeper, but I'm on my moment and really don't feel like typing. so I'll probably post it in the morning if this thread is still open or relevant.
    Last edited by koolkid09; 06/12/2010 at 01:00 AM.