Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi, does anyone know if it is absolute necessity to install the palm kernel after uninstalling the uberkernel? Basically, I am trying to understand what I am going to do to prepare for the next webos update. Do you guys recommend installing the palm kernel after I uninstall the uber before the update, or will the update basically correct any shortfalls that might have occurred from uninstalling the uberkernel?

Thanks!
    You can do it either way it doesn't matter. Or you can just leave it as the UberKernel is OTA update safe, meaning that if the update doesn't support it the UK will defer to the Palm kernel and turn itself off.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    really? So I don't have to uninstall it before I update? Are you absolutely sure??
    vza's right.....no need to uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    really? So I don't have to uninstall it before I update? Are you absolutely sure??
    Keep in mind that it has not been publicly tested before (It has probably been privately tested by webos internals). I'm personally keeping the kernal for the update as I'm quite excited for the prospect. As a rule of thumb I recommend removing the kernal if you are absolutrly not prepared to run the doctor.